Kunena 5.1.15 Released (27 Oct 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.15 [K 5.1.15] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Change browser window title

More
7 years 1 month ago #21 by vasil7112
Hello Kunena Forums!
I'd like to know if it is possible to change my WebPage Title from Kunena:: .... to MYWEBNAME - Forums .
Please give me some documentation or links explaining:)
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #22 by jemecb
Replied by jemecb on topic Change browser window title
If i am corect you cant change the title of kunena menus? The topic is discused here: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...browser-window-title

Can you change meta description of Kunena menu? Can you chack in menu manager and try to set something for kunena index page. topic: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...ywords-on-index-page

More
7 years 1 month ago #23 by vasil7112
No, i don't even know how to change them:D

More
7 years 1 month ago #24 by vasil7112
Hello, on my website, when someone gets in the forum he sees the following:
Kunena :: Category index / Kunena :: My Topics e.t.c

I'd like to change that. Can someone help me?

More
7 years 1 month ago #25 by skybax

More
7 years 1 month ago #26 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Change browser window title
*** Topics merged ***

More
7 years 1 month ago #27 by brentwilliams
The standard format for post titles is:

(Forum Name) :: Topic: (Post Title) (page #/total pages)

I preferred a much more clean look:

(Post Title) :: (Forum Name)

1) To move the forum name to the end, you need to edit /administrator/libraries/view.php, and look for "public function setTitle($title)".

2) To remove the excess elements to the rest, such as removing "Topic:" and the page numbers, edit /views/topic/view.html.php and look for "protected function _prepareDocument($type)".

Hope that helps!

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #28 by brentwilliams
This thread is all sorts of confusing, BUT if you are looking to change the page title for an individual post, I have explained that here: www.kunena.org/forum/114-User-written-ha...ange-page-post-title It looks like sozzled merged this post and put it right above this one.

As for the meta description, it currently shows:

(Global Site Meta Description) (Portion of post body text)

This is probably not ideal, but I'm not sure exactly how to change it to just show the post body text. and I found the solution here: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...scription-tag#132558
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by brentwilliams. Reason: Linked to solution

More
7 years 1 month ago #29 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Change browser window title
*** Topics merged ***

More
7 years 1 month ago #30 by neilblake
Hi.

I know this has been asked before but I'm having real trouble finding an answer that works.

I'm trying to rename the browser titles that are displayed when using the Kunena menu items. With Joomla I selected 'Before' to include site name in page titles but what I see is (title) - (title) - category Index.

How do I get ride of the double title please and how do I rename all the other menu items like recent discussions, new topic, no replies etc .... to a custom title?

Thank so much. I'm using J2.5.7 and Kunena 2.0.2

:)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds