Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Sometimes users get: "You do not have permissions to access this page"

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #51 by sozzled
I spent 10 minutes subscribing/unsubscribing, "favoriting"/un-"favoriting" a couple of topics*. I couldn't reproduce the specific condition using the account that you provided us with. Do you know which topic(s) this access denied situation occurs with?

If you re-read the discussion in this topic you will see that we've mentioned the use of these permissions in the context of the Kunena Category Manager. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark as to the reason why this occurs in your particular case: you have defined the permissions in one category differently from other categories and it's in that category that the situation you've described is occurring. When you discover which category has been set with unusual/different permissions, it would be good for all of us to know more about what you've done because it will help all of us to know if there's a "trap" you stumbled into that we need to avoid. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to your early response.

[hr]*We prefer to use the term topic (where you mean topic) instead of "thread". The term thread is old technical jargon word that actually means something a little different. Let's try to use words that everyone will feel comfortable with. :)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #52 by jplamp
Sorry about the "thread" vs. "topic" thing. My users are so accustomed to calling them "threads", that I changed all the menu titles to "thread" where Kunena had "topic". I'll remember to use "topic" when posting here.

I asked the users who are having this problem to give me a list of the categories and topics where this is happening. It's not just certain categories or topics, it's all over the forum. And I checked the permissions in the Category Manager - they are all exactly the same: "Access Level: Registered" (except for the Admin and Moderator-only categories).

Do you think it might help if I unsubscribed them from all their subscriptions and favorites, and let them try to subscribe again?

Or might it help if I changed everything to "Access Control Type = User Groups" ? I really don't understand the difference between the types "Access Level" and "User Groups". I do have one Access Level in Joomla that I added ("Moderators" ), but I don't use it anywhere in Kunena except for the Moderators category. You would not have been able to see that category when you were on my site, as the account I gave you is a Registered user only.

My users are bugging me about this, and I really need to get it solved. Thanks!

Kunena 4.0.11, Joomla 3.5.1, CB 2.0.14, DOCman 2.1.5, uddeIM 3.8

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #53 by sozzled
Thanks for your reply and for digging further into the investigation of this matter.

To confirm with you, I was able to subscribe and unsubscribe from topics (I did not attempt to subscribe to categories) and "favorite"/un-"favorite" topics using the account you provided. If the issues you've identified are occurring across the entire forum at your site then it certainly does seem unusual for this situation to occur in some quarters but not in others. Therefore, our investigation needs to wide in order to determine what is the common denominator in these cases.

You've already considered that it's a user-related thing and, I agree, it's worth pursuing the train of thought - removing all of certain users' existing favourites and subscriptions - that may hold a solution for you.

Absolutely, if you have differences between categories (e.g. Access Control Type), I would recommend you eliminate any such inconsistencies. I understand your need to specially quarantine certain areas; I hope you also understand that I do not mean that you should use all category settings identically across your forum. I do, however, mean that you should consistent use, particularly in the key area of access control/permissions.

According to your configuration report, you have defined both Joomla and Community Builder access control. I would stick to using Joomla.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #54 by astrogoal
neither the administrator can read the messages... I can see the message, but it says that i have not right to read.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by astrogoal.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #55 by astrogoal
I read on the forum that some people have some problem with permission to read, or to write.
After update, nobody can read any messages. I have title message, but on the right (on frontend) says that there is no message, and if I click on the message, it goes to a page with title access denied. Also the administrator have not the permission to read the messages.

On the backend, I have similar to this photo with no statistics..

I update on joomla 1.5.26 from kunena 1.7.0 to 2.0.3.

Please, could I update to 1.7.2 and than to 2.0.3? How?

More
11 years 4 months ago #56 by astrogoal

sozzled wrote: We do not test Kunena on J! 1.5 running with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. Please read Legacy mode . Joomla systems running with legacy mode enabled are not supported by Joomla and they are not supported by us.

Very funny. If I make legacy mode off, kunena does not work. Better, it says me that I have not access on a blank page (also in administrator panel send me to this blank page, if I go on kunena component).

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #57 by sozzled
*** Merged astrogoal's topics here ***

astrogoal wrote:

If I make legacy mode off, kunena does not work.

I think you mean that your site doesn't work. Please read Legacy mode in the Wiki which explains what you need to do.

We do not support J! 1.5 sites that run with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. This is because you are using an old, outdated J! 1.0 extension that we haven't tested K 2.0.3 with and, furthermore, even Joomla does not support "legacy mode" any more.

You have a choice: Keep your Joomla 1.5 website with your outdated J! 1.0 software (and not have Kunena) or do yourself a favour and get rid of your dependence on J! 1.0 software and then let's try to work through your current Kunena problems.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #58 by astrogoal
Yes. My site does not require joomla legacy. I have not any old component, plugin, etc. But, if I turn off legacy plugin, the only component that does not work is..... kunena!!!!!! Funny!
As I'm thinking from years ago, kunena is the best forum, but his update is the most problematic.
Please, note that I'm writing from long time ago about this, before the wiki kunena... this is my post www.kunena.org/forum/5-General-Talk-abou...-and-kunena?start=20

Now I read that Matias speaks about cb plugin... I pray...

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #59 by astrogoal
I have only plugins, component and module joomla 1.5 compatible ... but if i put off legacy kunena does not allow page.

More
11 years 4 months ago #60 by Jiminimonka
Sounds like your site it broken.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds