Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Sometimes users get: "You do not have permissions to access this page"

More
11 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled
I am not particularly interested in j4age - which is still in beta testing - because I do not know what it does or how it relates to ordinary users receiving "you do not have permissions to access this page" messages. Let us focus on what we do know, please:

(1) I need to see the configuration report of one website that has this problem, please.

(2) I need to see one example of a working URL that results in "access denied". In other words, something we can click.

(3) I need to see a screenshot of the Permissions tab of the category that relates to (2) above.

Can you do these things for us please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12 by Garry1953
Hi Sozzled

This Problem is much more widespread than you think. If the search engines are not able to list our forums correctly, this becomes a MAJOR PROBLEM. (107,000 examples showing on Google for Kunena)

Please Use the program I suggested, It will allow you to check your forum logs (Even though the program is still Beta)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Do a search on Google or Bing. (I used Kunena as an example, so you can check the Kunena forum.)

Kunena :: Access Denied

Pop you own forums name with Your Forum Name :: Access Denied to see if it affects you.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Garry1953.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #13 by sozzled
It is not up to us to research these things when we do not know where we should start to look. You have given us the addresses of two websites and, in effect, said "there's a needle in this haystack, go find it." Without anything guiding me, I spent no more than one minute trying to find one example of "you do not have permissions to access this page" on one of your sites; I did not find one example. If this is such a major problem, I should expect to be able to find an example instantly.

So I will repeat:

(1) The configuration report of one website that has this problem, please.

(2) One working URL that results in "access denied". In other words, something we can click.

(3) The screenshot of the Permissions tab of the category that relates to (2) above.

Thank you.

If we search for "you do not have permissions to access this page" then, I'm sure, we may find 170,000 "examples". The reasons why people get into this predicament is because of the way they're organised access to their site (or to parts of their site). I'm sorry if that doesn't sound particularly helpful but I don't know what else to write when I'm feel like I'm working only from theory.

If you search this site for "you do not have permissions to access this page" then you will get over 135 results and for all of these examples, you may be struggling to discover any two cases that are identical. In other words, each case is totally dependent on the configuration of each site that experienced this problem.

I can give you an example of a page on this website that will give you the same result (as what we are discussing in this topic) but that example does not yield the same outcome for me me because of different security permissions that I have to you. This is something that we have to keep in mind in dealing with these "you do not have permissions to access this page" issues.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #14 by Maszek
Hello there,

I am super administrator of a Forum which denies me access in the front end to a topic ( www.regularrocker.nl/index.php/forum/10-fan-stuff/12-old-ticket ).
What could be the cause of this?
I have upgraded to the most recent versions of Kunena Forum and Seuarch Plugin.

Looking forward to a reply.

More
11 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #16 by Maszek
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll put everything into one post then:

1) Configuration report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 25 seconds | Max execution memory: 48M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Bodine5 | author: LiberteQ | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.2

2) Here's the page that denies access:
www.regularrocker.nl/index.php/forum/10-fan-stuff/12-old-ticket

3) I am assuming you are referring to the Permissions tab in the back end:
[IMG

which is less obvious if you are working on a translated version of Joomla! ;-) Tell me if I'm wrong!

In this particular case, the access denial is only applied to one single topic in the category, not the entire category.
I accessed de SQL database and checked the particular lines in the Kunena table but to no avail: I couldn't find anything peculiar.

By the way Kunena.org Forum seems to encounter the same issue here:
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support/12383...ter-upgrade-to-2-0-1
www.kunena.org/forum/192-Kunena-20-issue...-the-arabic-language

Looking forward to your reply.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Maszek.

More
11 years 7 months ago #17 by Garry1953
Hi Sozzled

I turned OFF Kunena Caching Settings this morning at 6.30am

Caching No

Just checked all logs tonight 7.30pm
Problem has now stoped, so it seems to be a cache error generated within Kunena.
I can live without Kunena cache on my sites.;)

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #18 by chrustik
users randomly are getting this error,then they are trying to loggin, posting or using "thank you" button. Sometime they getting this,sometime not.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : fishnew | author: PC-DIDI | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2009-05-19

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by chrustik.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19 by sozzled
First things first. We do not test Kunena on J! 1.5 running with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. Please read Legacy mode . Joomla systems running with legacy mode enabled are not supported by Joomla and they are not supported by us.

Secondly, you have two conflicting menu items. Please restore the original Kunena menu. There are many topics in this forum (and the FAQs page) that explain how to restore your Kunena menu.

Thirdly, if you are having problems with K 2.0.2 and the K 1.7 Blue Eagle template, we advise you to use the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template.

Fourthly, uddeIM 2.1 is out of date. We do not recommend using out-of-date software.

More
11 years 7 months ago #20 by Maszek
Hi Sozzled,

You redirected me here, and I tried to meet your instructions to provide information on a proper error diagnostic. Still looking forward to your view on the cause of my problem.
The solutions you suggest above are concerning Chrustik's request, right?

Looking forward to any new insights!

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds