Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Before you post your question, read this first

More
11 years 6 months ago #111 by 2muchturkin
I have read through and that is why I posted. I even made sure in my post I said I searched that section. Does this mean I cannot get help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #112 by sozzled
I understood your question and I appreciate the effort you went into looking for an answer. There is a very simple explanation for why you are having the problem that you are having, even with the standard Beez5 Joomla site template. You have a problem loading the Joomla Mootools JavaScript library properly or you ave installed another Joomla extension that clobbers the Joomla Mootools JavaScript library in some way. Until, or unless, we have a complete inventory of every additional Joomla extension you are running, sift through and analyse all the available information about your website, may I respectfully ask you, in reply: what specific kind of help do you require?

Sometimes it takes only a few minutes to find the cause of the problem. Sometimes the cause eludes us for a very long time. Sometimes the cause lies in a faulty Joomla installation or because the hosted environment is totally unsuitable. But, in 99% of all the hundreds of cases that we've seen in this area, the cause is mentioned in one of links given at the end of msg #1 in this topic.

Last, but not least, there is always the When all else fails, try this approach mentioned a few dozen times in this topic and elsewhere on this forum. B). You asked us to point you in the right direction. I am doing my very best to do exactly that.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #113 by AlexRag
Hello,

Wondering if there is something I'm missing with respect to adding Announcements to the top of the Forum.

The Announcement link appears verifying the "front-end" setting, but the "Add New" link does not appear to be working (The "Add New" text does no link to anything)

Any ideas?

Joomla 2.57
Kunena 2.02

P.S. This issue has followed me from previous Kunena 1.x versions - It was never resolved so I lived without it. It would nice to get it to work though.
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114 by amerial
Replied by amerial on topic Profiles cannot be saved
Until recently users and administrators were able to edit their profiles. Now, no one can. The save button does nothing, however, the cancel button works. I uninstalled everything I installed recently. Did the update, and I'm at a loss of what to do now because it still doesn't save. Here is my configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : lightbreeze-yellow | author: Hurricane Media | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 2012-07-11

Kunena default template details : SD-Aphotic 2.0 | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Edit: It now requires a signature to save. Is there a way to change that?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by amerial.

More
11 years 6 months ago #115 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Profiles cannot be saved
Hello,

Do you have changed something recently ?

Please updgrade to Joomla! 2.5.7

No, it doesn't require a signature to save. Try to use the Kunena blue eagle template.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 6 months ago #116 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

amerial: Please see msg #1 in this topic which will help you deal with the problem you are having with not being able to save changes to user profiles. When I looked at your website I see that you have a number of Javascript libraries running on your forum pages. It is important, for Kunena, to not be running a Javascript library that conflicts with Joomla's Mootools (e.g. jQuery Javascript can conflict with Mootools unless you run it in "no-conflict mode). I hope this helps.

More
11 years 6 months ago #117 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you put here please your Kunena report configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #118 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

It's curious that this issue has dogged you since K 1.7, and the matter lapsed because you did not follow things through, because I think we could easily fixed this a year ago.

I am 99.9% sure that this issue is entirely related to the Joomla site template you're using - I'm even willing to go as far as suggesting (without knowing anything about your website) that you're using a Rocketthene template, yes? The problem is JavaScript-related. The problem was related to JavaScript when you were using K 1.7 then, just as it is now. Just as we have this "please read this first" topic now, for K 2.0, we had a similar topic for K 1.6/K 1.7.

See msg #1 of this topic for the answers you're looking for, but there's a 0.1% chance that I was wrong. ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #119 by brentwilliams
When I click on the unapproved posts link, and see a list of posts to moderate, it gives you the option of checking the box next to each post, and below that, choosing an action, such as "Approve Selected", "Delete Selected", etc. I am able to select the option I want, but the "Go" button is unresponsive. It changes color but does nothing when clicked.

I've attached a screenshot:

Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #120 by sozzled
Very interesting. I haven't personally checked this myself and yours is the first report we've seen about the Go button not working. This is unusual because, K 2.0.2 has been out for a while.

This may be a general problem - and other people who use the feature may like to comment - or this may be a problem specific to your website. It's highly likely that the Go button, like so many buttons in HTML, requires a Javascript function to be run before processing the request. If Javascript is not working on your browser, or if your site has a Javascript library that's clobbering Kunena, this would explain why the function is not running in your case. This means that you would need to look to see what other Javascript libraries are being loaded on your site.

If my suspicions are correct, your problem is somewhat like the many that are discussed in msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first .

Further information from you may assist us to nail down the cause of your problem. See the important notice at the top of this page which shows you how to provide us with that extra information.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds