Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Hide / Disable login

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #21 by Dom2012
Replied by Dom2012 on topic Hide / Disable login
Hi Jiminimonka,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I saw that and I played around with the options but what I found was that the categories would vanish but the login area would not (though it would be disabled). I'm clearly missing something.

Anyway, here's my configuration set-up should it help to solve this.

Thanks,
Dom

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_tachyon_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: December 12, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Dom2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #22 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Hide / Disable login
Try this:

Kunena Plugins » Kunena - JomSocial Integration » Plug-in: [Edit] » Parameters » Plug-in Parameters » Enable JomSocial Login = No

The login panel should then vanish from the top of Kunena.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 8 months ago #23 by Dom2012
Hi,

Thanks, that removed the login fields although I'm still seeing the user avatar and "Welcome/Last Visit/Private Messages" part of the grey box. I had hoped to remove the grey box altogether.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Dom

More
11 years 8 months ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Hide / Disable login
Where is this issue occurring - I cannot see it.

Your Joomla menu is confusing. I suggest you simplify things. Watch the video in The Kunena Menu to see how to re-create a standard Kunena menu. I hope that helps.

More
11 years 8 months ago #25 by Dom2012
Thanks for getting back to me.

There seemed to be some sort of problem with the Kunena menu after I renamed it in the main menu. As a result, I lost the usual Kunena menu links (Index, Recent Topics, etc.).

I tried to fix this by following the instructions in the video you mentioned, but they vanished again.

I discovered that it was possible to retrieve them if I saved the forum in the main menu as an external link. Odd, but it worked.

The Kunena menu items are now back.

I was also able to change the width of the Joomla template using the mjindustry's instructions in the following link: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=39...ic&start=165#p805750

I'm also including his instructions below for easier use:-

I have just tested this step by step and it works for me on rt_tachyon_j16

Download the attached zip file. Unzip it and then upload the file - mywidth.php - to your features directory in the template. For most people this will be via ftp to /public_html/your.domain/templates/rt_tachyon_j16/features

Now open the /templates/rt_tachyon_j16/template-options.xml file and look for the code at line 117....

Code:
<fieldset name="features" label="FEATURES"> <field name="viewswitcher-priority" type="hidden" default="1"/> <field name="logo-priority" type="hidden" default="2"/> <field name="copyright-priority" type="hidden" default="3"/> <field name="styledeclaration-priority" type="hidden" default="4"/>

...and insert this code...

Code:
<field name="dyngrid" default="60" type="text" class="text-short" label="mywidth"/>

...so the file should now look like this...

Code:
<fieldset name="features" label="FEATURES"> <field name="dyngrid" default="60" type="text" class="text-short" label="mywidth"/> <field name="viewswitcher-priority" type="hidden" default="1"/> <field name="logo-priority" type="hidden" default="2"/> <field name="copyright-priority" type="hidden" default="3"/> <field name="styledeclaration-priority" type="hidden" default="4"/>

Please note that the default is set to 60px, which is the same setting as the current template. Upload the amended file to replace the original.

Now go to Joomla admin and select the rt_tachyon_j16 template and go to template admin. In the features tab you should now have an option called mywidth and it should be displaying the 60 width.

Just change the width to suit your needs and then apply. Remember that there are 12 columns so if you set the column width to 100 then you will deliver a screen width of 1200px.

Hope this helps

It worked exactly as described for me. I found that 64px did the trick. You can see the result here: www.steinerparents.com/forum/index

I have attached the required file, mywidth.zip.

Thanks,
Dom
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #26 by sultra
Hello

How do I remove the login menu on Kunena 2.0, so that appear on forum pages instantly just in category forum

thank you

More
11 years 8 months ago #27 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Hide / Disable login
*** Topics merged ***

Answered >>> here <<<

More
11 years 8 months ago #28 by sultra
Replied by sultra on topic Hide / Disable login
Thanks for the instructions

More
11 years 8 months ago #29 by bonnyh
Good morning,

I am using joomla 2.5 and the latest version of Kunena forums. I would like to hide the login/register area beacuse I am having memebrs login via facebook, twitter, linkdin and google, instead of creating a user name and pw. I do not want to keep anyones PW information for security reasons so I need to know how I can hide that login area on the homepage of the forums. I need to get this done asap so if anyone knows how it can be done i would appreciate it.

I do not want to remove the login completely because I still do not want guest posting with out registering via social networks. Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks

More
11 years 8 months ago #30 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Answered >>> here <<<

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds