Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After upgrade - no Menu
If you want a drop-down menu then you have to do it yourself. If you want a standard Kunena tabbed menu, as you wrote:

Is there some way of creating a default option for future upgrades to simply allow the standard kunena tab menu to appear on the top of forum page?

this is already done for you with a standard installation of Kunena. As we have commented in the past, Howard, your particular instance of Kunena is very much tailored to your specific needs - needs that may not necessarily suit everyone. And that's really all that I have to say about that. :)

I'm pleased to hear that you got everything to work even though I would never, ever advise the use of External Link types of menu items as far as Kunena is concerned.

Whether or not these menu-related issued can be more easily resolved in future releases of Kunena depends entirely on whatever-the-heck the guys who develop Joomla will devilishly devise that will further confuse and confound us more! And that's about all I have to say about that, too! :whistle:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by milkov
Hello, I uninstalled Kunena 1.7.2 and then installed Kunena 2.0. The problem is that when I load a forum page, main menu Kunena does not load properly (not visible). If I push the button "go" to load categories, then the menu is displayed.
I am using PHP 5.2.17, Joomla 2.5.6 and template for joomla - Afterburner from Rockettheme.
I publish 2 picture with this issue.

My site with forum is: group.bg/forums

Best regards,
Milko Milkov
Attachments:

More
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #14 by milkov
I created a new menu for Kunena, then turned the old one. Unfortunately this does not produce the desired effect and the menu continues to behave erratically.

P.S. - I regained my site to version 1.7.2 to Kunena, from the backup copy. I will wait to solve this problem, and then try again to go to version 2.0.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by milkov.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #15 by DavidJohnson101
After updating, the menu tabs at the top of the forum are missing. Is there any reason for this happening?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by DavidJohnson101.

More
11 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

The issue is addressed here.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17 by DavidJohnson101
My menu is back up and running. Only one small detail and it's really no big deal. Before, when somebody went to the forum the default tab was highlighted, now it's not.

What I mean by that is the tab that says Recent Topics (before update) was blue, showing that it was active, now it's not. If I click on the other tabs they do become active, so it's just when you first go to the forum.

Very small detail and I don't care at all, I just wanted to bring it up.

More
11 years 9 months ago #18 by DTP2
Replied by DTP2 on topic After upgrade - no Menu
I understand the current menu behavior is as it's been planned and developed, but if I look at how many people are having issues with it and the behavior is not what's expected by the users, maybe it's not as easy as it should be. From a users point of view this is not good enough.

It took me almost an hour to try to reproduce the old behavior and still it is not as good as i would like it to be. Please dev's, hav another look at this and improve if possible.

For the rest, I think the new version rocks and would like to thank all involved!

More
11 years 9 months ago #19 by sozzled
The Joomla menu system is complicated and difficult. The Joomla menu system in J! 1.5 is different to the menu system in J! 1.6 and it's a little bit different again in J! 2.5. K 2.0.0 is software that was designed to be installed as easily as possible and to work on two different versions of Joomla (i.e. J 1.5 and J! 2.5) and that's what has made things difficult.

The Kunena developers have a choice:

(1) Produce an installation kit for Kunena and write a 5-page instruction manual to show people how, for each different version of Joomla, they need to build a menu so that everything would work 100% of the time; or

(2) Develop a process that installs Kunena, sets up the basic Kunena Menu that should work in 90% of the time.

The Kunena developers decided on the second choice.

We understand that, for many people, the Joomla menu system is almost impossibly difficult to understand. Some people may never totally understand how to use it properly. Within the limits of a self-help forum like this one we will do our best to explain what you need to do. But, in answer to the comment made by DTP2 ("Please, devs, have another look at this and improve if possible.") we're trying our hearts out!

For those people who require urgent, immediate, personalised help, I can probably fix most people's sites for them in about 15 minutes. I do not provide personalised, one-on-one service like this for free. If you read the information in the forum and use the techniques that we suggest, it may take you an hour or more but most people can solve their problems themselves and it will cost them nothing more than their own time. For those who cannot afford an hour or two then there are other alternatives but, instead of spending an hour fixing their problems, they will need to spend money to obtain such help. As I have always written:

Nothing is impossible. Everything has a price.

So, before I am deluged with thousands of emails asking me to spend 15 minutes of my time solving their problems, people need to understand that such personal services are not free and payment is required before starting the job. ;)

More
11 years 9 months ago #20 by freedomcoach

sozzled wrote: I'm pleased to hear that you got everything to work even though I would never, ever advise the use of External Link types of menu items as far as Kunena is concerned.

Sozzled, I'd be thrilled to not need the external link feature, if there was some other way of achieving my desired end result, namely, have one simple menu link with the name Discussion Forum which brings the user to my Forum and still have all the tabbed menu items appear as they did before in 1.7.2.

Is this too much to ask? Is this too out of the box? I'm always open to feedback but it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds