Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
11 years 9 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by Garry1953
I upgraded from 1.7.2 and now have no menu in 2.0. tried the menu rebuild function in Joomla but still no success.

I noticed that the standard Create Menu and Integration is not listed in the Kunena Control Panel. Has this been removed from 2.0, or is it a glitch on my site?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

I upgraded Kunena on my site today to 2.0.0. I immediately noticed that the Kunena menu was missing from my Forum, the one visible here with Tabs Index, Recent Topics, etc.

It was visible at the top of my forum previously. Is there some setting that I need to adjust to bring this menu back? Please advise ASAP. We depend greatly on this.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by alsthom
Replied by alsthom on topic Kunena Tab Menu Missing
It happened to me, too!!!
After the update I could see it but after some use of the forum it disappeared!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : sunshine | author: Fio | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: 26.10.08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by alsthom. Reason: added settings

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Kunena Tab Menu Missing
Try this Kunena Control Panel -- Forum Tools -- Menu Manager -- Trash Menu

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by Garry1953
Replied by Garry1953 on topic Kunena Tab Menu Missing

Mortti wrote: Try this Kunena Control Panel -- Forum Tools -- Menu Manager -- Trash Menu

Tried it and didn't do anything.
Still no menu showing.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Garry1953.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic After upgrade - no Menu
The behavior on what menu Kunena uses has changed to allow more flexibility. Unfortunately it seems to affect some sites as having no menu.

The new version of Kunena only displays menu if there are menu items under the current "forum instance", meaning that if you don't use menu alias pointing to Kunena menu, you need to copy all menu items from Kunena menu to your main menu or you need to create a menu of your own. Kunena menu can be disabled after that (but don't delete it as it will be created again on the next upgrade).
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacJoomla

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #7 by Garry1953
Replied by Garry1953 on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Matias

Thanks

I have the Menu up and running now. :)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by freedomcoach
Hi Matias:

Can these menu items be copied as submenu items or do they need to be first level menu items? This solution is quite unwieldy since it will mess up the design and aesthetics of existing menus on my site. Is there some way of creating a default option for future upgrades to simply allow the standard kunena tab menu to appear on the top of forum page? I believe many sites will prefer this.

Another idea. What if.. the Kunena menu is simply published somewhere as in a new drop down menu? Will doing this cause the kunena tab menus now appear at the top of the forum?

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After upgrade - no Menu

freedomcoach wrote: Can these menu items be copied as submenu items or do they need to be first level menu items?

Did you first try Mortti's suggestion?

freedomcoach wrote: Is there some way of creating a default option for future upgrades to simply allow the standard kunena tab menu to appear on the top of forum page?

For new installations of Kunena this is the standard approach. As soon as people start customising their own versions of a Kunena menu (without first reading Customised menus ) or fully appreciating Joomla's highly complicate menuing system, that's when problems arise.

freedomcoach wrote: What if the Kunena menu is simply published somewhere as in a new drop down menu? Will doing this cause the Kunena tab menus now appear at the top of the forum?

That's not going to re-instate the tabbed menu; however, if someone can demonstrate how a drop down menuing system might work, in a practical way, and help develop their ideas with the team, I'm all in favour of that. The simple fact is that the current Blue Eagle template incorporates a "tabbed" menu, and that's really all that I can say.

The main problem at this stage, Howard, is how you go about getting your Kunena menu re-instated. I may be able to work through the process with you, when you and I both have a spare hour or so. On the other hand, I'm part-way through writing The Kunena Menu and, no joking, I figure I have about another 16 hours without interruptions to complete it. The trouble is, of course, I never seem to be able to make time for documentation projects like these, because I am overwhelmed dealing with questions on the forum. :whistle:

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by freedomcoach
After some experimenting, I came up with a workaround for getting the kunena menu back onto my forum.

I put my entire Forum menu on a new top (drop down) menu and on my main menu link, instead of directing it to the forum itself, it directs the user to the other (drop down) menu using the external link feature.

This is certainly a clutsy solution in my opinion but it does work okay for now. I'm hoping this can be made easier in subsequent releases.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds