Kunena is Joomla 3.8 compatible (20 Sep 2017)

Kunena 5.0.11 is compatible with the release of Joomla 3.8.
There are no know issues with the current version on Joomla 3.8. We advice to update if your other 3rt extensions are also compatible with the latest version.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site

More
4 years 2 months ago #21 by 810
810 replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site
if its good, then its fixed in the new version, will be released soon.

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #22 by lycanwrath
lycanwrath replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site
Thank you,

Will we be seeing the fix for K2.0 also?
Moving to K3.0 is not possible for me (and many others) as it breaks my template with error 500 messages

More
4 years 2 months ago #23 by sozzled
sozzled replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site

lycanwrath wrote: Will we be seeing the fix for K2.0 also?

I have not confirmed the situation with other members of the Kunena team and, therefore, I cannot say with certainty whether some "fix" will be applied to K 2.0 or not.

There are a few things that people need to understand about K 2.0:

(1) K 2.0 was at end-of-life quite a long time ago as the team focused attention on delivering a much-needed version K 3.0. The team is also, at this time, concentrating maintenance releases for K 3.0 and we hope to release K 3.0.1 within the next few days. As the team's focus is solidly on the future - looking ahead at K 3.1 with a whole new template and even beyond that with K 4.0 with other improvements - the requirement to maintain K 2.0 becomes less feasible from a "business" perspective.

(2) Plans to retire K 2.0 are already advanced and support for K 2.0 will cease on 31 August this year. With this strategy already well advanced, the desirability to retrofit some "fix" that comes with K 3.x in order to satisfy the desires of the relatively small percentage of people who use (a) SSL/https and (b) YouTube videos is not consistent with the overall strategy.

(3) Given the small numbers of active developers who support Kunena - and bear in mind that no-one is getting paid for this work - the choices about what things can (and will) be done and those things that may disappoint members of this community who are hamstrung by other restrictions that prevent them upgrading to take advantage of what future versions of Kunena can offer them, these choices are difficult ones to make. There will be winners and there will be some losers.

lycanwrath wrote:

Moving to K3.0 is not possible for me (and many others) as it breaks my template with error 500 messages

There are many reasons that prevent people upgrading to K 3.0. The choice of template may be one of those things. At the end of the day, however, I would remind people to look at some comments I made a long time ago in my [light-hearted] topic Which came first? The template or the forum?

In conclusion, I am not eliminating the possibility for fixing this issue with K 2.0.4 but I think it's also fair to say that the chances this may happen are slim.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #24 by lycanwrath
lycanwrath replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site
Thanks for clearing things out :)

In the meantime, I have used the code below to use ssl but deactivate it only on kunena forum section of the website (the code needs to be inserted in the .htaccess file found the website root and be placed just before ## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section.) Hope this is useful for others as well.

## Exclude Kunena from SSL
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(forum)$
RewriteCond $1 !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css|html|swf|mp3|wav|txt)$
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(forum)$
RewriteRule (.*) http://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L]
##

PS: This assumes that "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is set to Yes and "Force SSL" is set to none in Joomla Backend and "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is set to no in Kunena backend.

Do note that this effectively kills SEFs for kunena though, if anyone comes with any better alternative for us K2.0 users, it would be nice ;)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by lycanwrath.

More
4 years 1 month ago #25 by sozzled
sozzled replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site
K 3.0.2 has been released to address this issue.

More
4 years 1 month ago #26 by perryworld
perryworld replied the topic: Embedding YouTube Videos on SSL site
Thanks Sozzled

We will take a look

cheers
Richard

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds