Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Allow only specified users to view/post (private part of forum)

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #11 by ernst67
sozzeled wrote:

"Private" means private; "secret" if you like.

I'm trying to create a category that is invisible to the rest of the (registered) users on my forum. But whatever I try, I can't hide the category away.. :-/

I'm using Kunena 2.0.4 on Joomla 2.5.9.

I have first tried to use an Access Level. I created one specifically for this purpose, and although im not a member of this Access Level, I can still see the category from the forntend. (I can't create postings though, so that works)

Then I've tried to alter the Access Control Type settings to a specific user group. But even when I create a specific user group for this purpose, I keep getting the same issue:
I can not make postings or reply to postings, but i can see the category.

Could someone give me a hint on how to hide the category away at all?

Oh, and one last remarkable thing:
When i restrict viewing access to the category that I want to hide away, it is not visible until I'm logged in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #12 by ernst67
I'm sorry sozzeled,

I re-did your tutorial step-by-step. The forum category is nicely hidden away for non-registered visitors.

But as soon as a registered user logs in the category shows up, even if the user is not a member of the specially created user group (just as in your tutorial).

I hope you can give me a further hint.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #13 by sozzled
Perhaps you could give us some further hints about how you have defined your category permissions and how you have defined our Joomla user groups? Then we may be able to advise you better about what you have done incorrectly. :)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #14 by ernst67
OK, sorry, I 'll try give to give full details here...

I'm using Kunena 2.0.4 on Joomla 2.5.9.

The website I'm running has a Kunena Forum for a community-supported component. We would like to organise the discussions between the developers away from the Support Forum, so I tried to create a category called "Developers Forum" which is only visible to the developers.

I did as follows:

I created a user group called "devs". The group is a subgroup of "registered". See attached image.

Then I created a Kunena Category called "Developers Forum" and set the category permissions to only "devs", so only users in the "devs" usergroup can view the category. (image attached)

Then I have tested with myself as a member of only the "registered" usergroup, but I can still see the Developers Forum category. Also, when I add myself to the "devs" usergroup, nothing changes really.

Two things are probably important to mention:
1. I can see the Developers Forum, but when I click on it I can't add/edit topics
2. Before I log into the frontend I can see all categories, except the Developers Forum, so there is certainly some restriction that applies.

So, is there a way to keep the Developers Forum completely hidden from registered users...?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #15 by ernst67
... I hope this is enough info. If not, please let me know what else I can report.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16 by ernst67
Friendly bump.... ;-)

I'm just wondering if it is possible at all to hide a category away. Or could it maybe be a bug in this version?

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #17 by sozzled
I cannot say if it's a defect or if the problem lies elsewhere at this time. Can we please see your K 2.0 configuration report?

My suspicion is that you've changed the permissions on the Kunena component, itself and you allowed all registered users to use "developer" view permissions when they login. That's my guess.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 week ago #18 by ernst67
Hi Sozzeled,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, off course I have read your guide. I guess I've read it more than 15 times, trying to copy the steps as concise as possible.
I'm quite relieved you say you "do it all the time". Now I don't mind how much time I have to invest, at least I have the peace of mind that it CAN be done.. ;-)

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #19 by ernst67
Oops, I see you changed your post between the initial one and my reply.
This is my confoguration:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : eris | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 3.2.19 | creationdate: April 2, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4

I will investigate your suspicion about changes made on the Kunena permissions, although I'm quite sure I haven't changed anything there...
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by ernst67.

More
11 years 1 week ago #20 by ernst67
...as for the "viewing" permissions:

I can't find any setting for that in the Kunena component itself. Under the Options button I can only find a setting to enable/disable configuration and administration access per user group (see attached)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds