Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Image problems?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Image problems?
Please, before we continue to guess what may be the issue(s) at the heart of this problem, let's eliminate some possible issues.

We don't know (any more than you do) why your Photobucket- or Flickr-hosted images are disappearing from your website. I would think that, as these are outside our ability to control, these are matters you need to investigate yourself.

We have consistently stated many times in this forum that some Joomla site templates do not co-operated "nicely" with other Joomla extensions. This is the main point of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... and it also the point I was tried to make in Which came first? The template or the forum? . With several million different Joomla templates available on the Internet it not practical for the project team to test all of them and to assure members of this community that Kunena will happily "play" with them all. Some template developers are good and some of them are not so good but it's also not our task to compile a list of the good ones or the bad ones.

Just as there are good template designers and bad ones there are good webhosts and there are bad ones. The When all else fails, try this approach will give you the added reassurance to know that your hosted platform is a good one if you are able to create a "vanilla-flavoured Joomla website" on it, install Kunena and, "out-of-the-box", everything works without making a single change to it. If Kunena fails to work under those conditions then perhaps you were unlucky enough to be using a "bad" hosted environment and you should seek to remediate that issue immediately. There's nothing particularly special about the environment we use, here, at this website; therefore, this should prompt you to question why things are not as healthy as they should be on your site.

For the past two weeks or so we have continually pointed ideas, suggestions and possible remedies for your current situation and, for the past two weeks or so, you have not indicated that you have followed through on those suggestions. I have marked this topic as "unable to be solved" (the "red X" topic icon that you see) because these kinds of issues are not easy to solve in a forum Q-and-A context. Some issues are complicated and, in analysing problems, we have to untangle as much of the web of complexity as possible in order to reach the heart of the problem.

We're sympathetic to the problem and we want to assure you that we're trying our best to offer you the best ideas that we can.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfieldred
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #22 by anfieldred
Replied by anfieldred on topic Image problems?
Thank you for all your help.

I am going to install from scratch but can you tell me how do I import all the data i.e posts members etc from my current installation to the fresh install?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Image problems?
Installing Kunena and copying data from another site has nothing to do with this topic. Because we were unable to determine the mysterious cause of why your users' Flickr or Photobucket images seemed to "disappear", we were unable to help you with your questions about that matter. Because you have decided that it's not worth pursuing this issue
any further then I think we should close this topic.