Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved you have not the rights to post a new message

More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
We need to see a screenshot of the Permissions tab for any one of the categories that your users cannot post messages to. It also helps to read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: van steen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #12 by van steen
sorry about that, have included the permissions tab for a category i made called "testing"
does this help?

i just cannot get my head around why i cannot use the forum straight away from a default and standard install...
hope i can get this resolved quickly. many thanks
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I logged into your site. There are no published sections or categories. Please read Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) .

By default, when you first install Kunena on your site, there is one section and one category created for you. You must have removed (or unpublished) these two things.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14 by van steen
***configuration report removed*****
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by van steen. Reason: sensitive information no longer needed to be shared...

More
8 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
You should disable all the Kunena [integration] plugins that you are not using, namely, uddeIM, JomSocial, Community Builder, AlpaUserPoints, Gravatar.

Upgrade to J! 2.5.6; suggest you would be better, too, with K 2.0.2.

More
8 years 2 months ago #16 by van steen
Disabled all excess plugins ( think i only enabled them out of desperation )

Upgraded to latest Joomla

Uninstalled entire Kunena

Installed entinre Kunena 2.02 from fresh website download ( 10 mins ago )

Gone into 'Category manager', hit new, called it general, put it as top level, and published it.

Cannot see from these instructions ( Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1). the ones that you posted ) how to make a section, etc as they seem to be based on an outdated version or i am really stupid ( probably the latter )

Can you tell me where to go from here to fix the problem once and for all as i really cant see where to go next and i am sure i am near the finish line with everything i have tried....

really appreciate your help!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #17 by van steen
SCRATCH THAT, I FINALLY UNDERSTAND.....

kunena is so simple i am over thinking things, make a section, and then repeat to make a category, then your flying. thank you so much!!!

lexx

More
8 years 2 months ago #18 by sozzled
Although Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) (and its companion Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups ) was written a long time ago and, I agree, it's sorely in need of a major rewrite, the principle is the same.

You need a section and you need a category before people can post topics. When you first install Kunena these two things are created for you. We understand that people love to change the things as they are installed by default and, when people are really new to the game, that's when problems start ... and that's why this forum is here.

I'm pleased we helped you (and, we hope) others who get themselves into this kind of fix. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: van steen

More
8 years 2 months ago #19 by van steen
you have been of great help, like you say, its a complex bit of kit and so sometimes people need a bit of 'hand holding', especially when they are up against deadlines ( my clients are coming in in 9hrs!!! )

many thanks again!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds