Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Problems with Gravatar avatar images

More
11 years 9 months ago #11 by giorgio62
Thank you for your answers, but still I diden't understand what I have to do. So if I well understand the "Gravatar" plugin must be disabled? Because I allready tried to do that, but if I disable the Gravatar plugin, I have an error when I do access to the main page of the Kunena forum.

Thanks for your answers and help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled

giorgio62 wrote: ... but if I disable the Gravatar plugin, I have an error when I do access to the main page of the Kunena forum.

Can you give us some more information about this "error", please?

More
11 years 9 months ago #13 by sozzled

TKtemp wrote: ... so if you activate integration all users must have Gravatar account or no avatar.

... as opposed to what? If you turn on the Gravatar integration, people either will have a Gravatar account - and, possibly they will have a Gravatar avatar image - or they will have the "no avatar" avatar image. It's obbvious that people will have one or the other, isn't it? Did I misunderstand something otherwise intended? :unsure:

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #14 by Walander
Hi giorgio!!

I had exactly the same problem, which is now cured, I achieved it the following way....

1. Go to "Plug-in Manager" and ensure that the "Gravatar" plug-in is disabled.
2. Go to the Kunena control panel, and click on "Forum Configuration".
3. Click on the "Avatars" box.
4. Ensure that the "Use Avatars Gallery" box is set to "NO".

Now go to your "User Profile", click on "Edit" and you will discover an additional "Avatar Image" box. Click on this and you are able to "BROWSE" and "SAVE" your chosen Avatar.

Simples!!!!

Hope this helps!! ;)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Walander.

More
11 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled

Walander wrote: 2. Go to the Kunena control panel, and click on "Forum Configuration".
3. Click on the "Avatars" box.
4. Ensure that the "Use Avatars Gallery" box is set to "NO".4. Ensure that the "Use Avatars Gallery" box is set to "NO".

These steps should be unnecessary, in my opinion, but in these rare cases maybe this is something the development team should investigate further. Our difficulty is creating an environment that mimics the cases reported in this topic.

More
11 years 8 months ago #16 by Walander
Sorry...but it was I had to do to get MY system to work. I was just trying to help giorgio??? :(

More
11 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled
We appreciate your help, Walander, and I wasn't saying otherwise. I was merely stating my surprise that you would need to perform steps 2-4 of your procedure, that's all. :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #18 by Walander
OK thanks!!

I was just being a little sensitive, being a newbie and all that. ;)

More
11 years 8 months ago #19 by TKtemp

sozzled wrote:

TKtemp wrote: ... so if you activate integration all users must have Gravatar account or no avatar.

... as opposed to what? If you turn on the Gravatar integration, people either will have a Gravatar account - and, possibly they will have a Gravatar avatar image - or they will have the "no avatar" avatar image. It's obbvious that people will have one or the other, isn't it? Did I misunderstand something otherwise intended? :unsure:

Gravatar is an external application, not installed on joomla site and should be only option for single user to use it. It is not the same as Community Builder and Jomsocial already installed on joomla site. How is designed now, Gravatar integration 'feature' is not usable for most of users.

More
11 years 8 months ago #20 by coder4life
@Tktemp I understand where the concern is coming from. I will forward this to the rest of our development team, however I cannot guarantee if and when this will be updated to work with this functionality. Thank you for detailing to us what you think the behavior of the software should be.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds