Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Problems with Gravatar avatar images

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by mcmoody
I just upgraded, everything is working out after some tweaks. But my avatar on my test site is gone (replaced by a placeholder?). I can't find any way to change my user avatar? Where is the button to do this? I tried changing my avatar on this Kunena support forum, thinking that would give me a guide, but I can't find it here either. Where is the avatar control? This seems like a dumb question, but I guess it's important if I can't figure it out. :P

martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by mcmoody
I just installed CB and it solved the problem. :)

BUT I really don't need CB and I'm really kind of wanting to remove CB before this site goes live... I'm frustrated with not finding a way to change the avatar via Kunena - either on my own 2.0 installation or even this helpboard website. Why isn't there a button on the edit profile view to change the avatar?

martha
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by mcmoody.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
You should be able to change avatar from Kunena if all the avatar integrations are turned off (plugins tab). I cannot reproduce this in my own environment -- editing profile always displays avatar tab.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vbsouthern

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Problem resolved. Problem caused by turning on Gravatar integration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mac669, Dai-Galean

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by giorgio62
Hi everybody,
sorry for my english and I hope to be in the right place for my questions about avatars. I made a Joomla site 2.5.6 version and I installed Kunena 2.0 version inside it. Everythink works fine and I am happy with Kunena but one think, I am not capable to set Kunena in order to change avatar image for my self and for users front end site. Even if I edit my profile or user edit its own profile they can't change avatar. Thereisn't button or option displayed to change the default avatar. Can somebody help me and guide to resolve this problem. Sorry I'am beginners..... :blink:
Giorgio

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by TKtemp
Hi, check if you have enabled some Kunena Plugin to show avatar from extern application (Gravatar).

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #7 by giorgio62
Hi, yes I did. My Gravatars Plugins are enabled.... :(
They are to be enabled or disabled?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by giorgio62.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by TKtemp
This is a strange behaviour in Kunena, if you enable Gravatar plugin you cannot use avatars from Kunena.

Hope that developers of Kunena will change this in the future.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by xillibit
Hello,

If you use avatar integration with Jomsocial, CB, AUP or Gravatar you can't change the Kunena avatar. But what do you need to change Kunena avatar when you use integration with something else ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by TKtemp

xillibit wrote: If you use avatar integration with Jomsocial, CB, AUP or Gravatar you can't change the Kunena avatar. But what do you need to change Kunena avatar when you use integration with something else ?

Hi xillibit,
not all users have Gravatar account, so if you activate integration all users must have Gravatar account or no avatar.
I think that this should be option in user profile to choose from where to use avatar.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds