Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Videos not displaying after upgrading

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #11 by betteryouthanme
if i get this right, for video providers which are not in the list the "URL function" is working.
But if you use the URL function with a listed provider -> not displayed.

//edit ah no the URL function is not working at all, dosnt matter which provider you choose..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by betteryouthanme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
Over the course of Kunena development (during the past 3½ years, I mean) the list of "video providers" has changed. Many of the changes that increased the list of video providers in earlier versions of Kunena were not updated or reflected in subsequent versions of Kunena. That is to say, the list of video providers that you now see may be wrong.

The following image is taken from K 2.0.1 and it shows the list of video providers that are "supposed" to work on this website.

The only item from this list that I would trust to work at the moment is the last one - i.e. YouTube. I would not trust any of the others to work at all. We have, for a long time, planned to review the list and include only those supported providers that we have thoroughly tested. We have never received a comprehensive test report from the testing team. For the safety of all, it would probably be better if we reduced the current list of 19 video providers down to 1 and then we would not have as many questions posted on the forum about why the video tag does not work.

Would that be a good idea?
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #13 by Vlad

sozzled wrote: I use the BBcode "insert video" button on the BBcode toolbar, I select the video provider from the list, and I don't have any problems.

Sure thing - that absolutely works but given I have a few hundred pages of posted vids it's gonna be a big mess to edit each post individually and remove the video /video code + explain to all the users the new way of posting videos.

Ah well I just thought it's kinda weird that the first option works with Youtube but the other (URL) one does not.

Oh well - of to work then :lol:

It's a joke! It's a f***ing joke!! What's the matter with You!!??

More
11 years 8 months ago #14 by betteryouthanme
yes the list is not a problem. That works very well.
It's about the url function:

I dont understand why it's there if it's not working at all.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #15 by Vlad

sozzled wrote: The only item from this list that I would trust to work at the moment is the last one - i.e. YouTube. I would not trust any of the others to work at all. We have, for a long time, planned to review the list and include only those supported providers that we have thoroughly tested. We have never received a comprehensive test report from the testing team. For the safety of all, it would probably be better if we reduced the current list of 19 video providers down to 1 and then we would not have as many questions posted on the forum about why the video tag does not work.

Would that be a good idea?

Given all You just stated I myself would most likely prefer it that way - better the one that works then all other that may or may not work and in that conflict with the one that works.

Also such a decision should most likely give You guys much less grief and make time to concentrate on something that is in your respectful opinion more important to work on.

More
11 years 8 months ago #16 by Matias
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #17 by Vlad
Thank You ever so much Matias - will get to work right away.

Cheers m8!

Edit:

Just finished rewriting - works for me so thank You again Matias!

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Vlad.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds