Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Custom topics icons K 2.0

More
11 years 3 months ago #11 by iLucato
Replied by iLucato on topic Custom topics icons K 2.0

sozzled wrote: The article you referred to was written for K 1.0/K 1.5 and no-one would disagree with you: it's not relevant to K 2.0.

- IMHO it is not relevant to any version once, it says TOPIC ICONS and the wiki explanation is about emoticons. ;0)

It's not easy for a novice user to create custom topic icons because it involves some fiddling, some hacking of the source code. Please remember that any hacks you do that you are responsible for any problems that arise after doing them. Please remember that when you upgrade Kunena you may lose those hacks. "Hacked" versions of Kunena are not supported.

I thought that the TOPIC ICONS would be created the same way as a new template, simple as that, just add a folder and change the .xml files as the explanations above, but it isn't working as a new folder. I will try to replace the user folder instead which I was trying to keep original for future K updates and don`' t lose the changes.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 1 month ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Custom topics icons K 2.0

iLucato wrote:

sozzled wrote: The article you referred to was written for K 1.0/K 1.5 and no-one would disagree with you: it's not relevant to K 2.0.

- IMHO it is not relevant to any version once, it says TOPIC ICONS and the wiki explanation is about emoticons. ;0)

If you would like to argue about what the article is about then we can argue about that. I'm sorry but I read the article and I remember how K 1.5 works and the article really is about topic icons ... but the information is only relevant to K 1.0/K 1.5.

If you search the forum for "topic icons" you would find there are other topics here that have more up-to-date information:
Replacing the standard topic icons looks fairly easy to do (you just replace a few images); I haven't done it myself but the process looks fairly straighforward. Adding new topic icons is not as easy to do! ;) You have to hack the source code and you have to remember to maintain those hacks - they may or may not work in future - yourself.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Custom topics icons K 2.0

iLucato wrote: Where is the editor topic located?

What "editor topic" is this? :unsure:

More
11 years 3 months ago #14 by iLucato
Replied by iLucato on topic Custom topics icons K 2.0

sozzled wrote: If you would like to argue about what the article is about then we can argue about that.

I just commented for newbies don't lose their time if reading the post. So, I won't argue with you if it ins't the main focus. ;0)

Replacing the standard topic icons looks fairly easy to do (you just replace a few images); I haven't done it myself but the process looks fairly straighforward.

Yes, that is what I mentioned before, instead of creating a new folder for topic icons, I replaced the images withing the existing one (user). The only problem I will lose it all when updating the Kunena and will have to do all over, that is why I was trying to create into another folder as we do for template.

Where is the editor topic located?

What "editor topic" is this?

That is what I was wondering because the other member VictorHTorres mentioned "But, how can call the image in the editor topic?"

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15 by yannoch
Hi.
I looking for change topic icon list.
I mean i need to change this in "topicicons.xml" on "/media/kunena/topicicons/default"
Code:
<icons type="user" width="48" height="48"> <icon id="0" name="default" published="1" src="user/topic-default.png" /> <icon id="1" name="question" published="1" src="user/topic-question.png" /> <icon id="2" name="mark" published="1" src="user/topic-mark.png" /> <icon id="3" name="exclam" published="1" src="user/topic-exclamation.png" /> <icon id="4" name="info" published="1" src="user/topic-info.png" /> <icon id="5" name="idea" published="1" src="user/topic-idea.png" /> ...

I have uploaded my new icons, but if i change the XML with my news icons, all return to "default" icon like blank and icon list disappears.

Can you help me please? =)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by yannoch.

More
11 years 1 month ago #16 by 9themestore
Hi yannoch,

Please read this topic. How to add images to category views?

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #17 by yannoch
Not for Category , but for Topic icon !

More
11 years 1 month ago #18 by TKtemp
Be sure to upload them in the right place.

Where exactly you uploaded your icons?

More
11 years 1 month ago #19 by yannoch
My images are here:
"/media/kunena/topicicons/default/user/..."
and the .xml is here:
"/media/kunena/topicicons/default/..."

More
11 years 1 month ago #20 by TKtemp
Hi,

can you post a link to page where problem occur?

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds