Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (creating topics, editing user profiles)

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #21 by sozzled
Thank you. Let's try to figure out what's happening, one problem at a time, without complicating things with "can I improve the feature set of my webite" questions, while you still have unresolved HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors .

I want to review this topic again, and make sure that, in my own mind, you have an installation of Joomla and Kunena as "standard" as you can make it, that will allow Kunena to work right for you.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #22 by Merup

sozzled wrote: Thank you. Let's try to figure out what's happening, one problem at a time, without complicating things with "can I improve the feature set of my webite" questions, while you still have unresolved HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors .

I want to review this topic again, and make sure that, in my own mind, you have an installation of Joomla and Kunena as "standard" as you can make it, that will allow Kunena to work right for you.

alright :) btw I'm sending you the super user info for my site I put the forum as home so its on the frontpage so you can see it for yourself if you like :) www.boundbychaos.com
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Merup.

More
11 years 9 months ago #23 by sozzled
To answer one of your earlier questions, "Does [your configuration report] look better?", yes, it looks better but it's still not quite right - you don't have a published menu item in your mainmenu menu - but let's not worry about that right now. The main thing is that you know how (and we know how) to get to your forum even if you haven't created a menu item that does it for you.

More
11 years 9 months ago #24 by Merup

sozzled wrote: To answer one of your earlier questions, "Does [your configuration report] look better?", yes, it looks better but it's still not quite right - you don't have a published menu item in your mainmenu menu - but let's not worry about that right now. The main thing is that you know how (and we know how) to get to your forum even if you haven't created a menu item that does it for you.

Yeah cause I'm not totally sure about how to make a button in the main menu that takes you to the forum without f...... it up.. :) but I guss that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

More
11 years 9 months ago #25 by sozzled
I have spent about 30 minutes looking at your site. It's a bit like trying to get an answer to "which way did the train go" by only looking at the tracks. :lol:

I finally managed to fix up your Joomla menu but you still have an undiagnosable HTTP 500 I.S.E. problem that I do not know the answer to. If you were not using custom HTTP 500 I.S.E pages, we may know more. You should find the actual cause of the problem in your server logs.

I can't help any more at this stage. I really don't know enough about Rockettheme templates or trying to figure what other software you've added that may have contributed to the current problems. You can edit user profiles and you can post/reply by you get an HTTP 500 I.S.E. every time you do it (which doesn't look good, does it?)

Unresolved at this time but I've done everything I can see (including a re-installation of K 2.0.1) and this one has been completely baffled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #26 by Merup

sozzled wrote: I have spent about 30 minutes looking at your site. It's a bit like trying to get an answer to "which way did the train go" by only looking at the tracks. :lol:

I finally managed to fix up your Joomla menu but you still have an undiagnosable HTTP 500 I.S.E. problem that I do not know the answer to. If you were not using custom HTTP 500 I.S.E pages, we may know more. You should find the actual cause of the problem in your server logs.

I can't help any more at this stage. I really don't know enough about Rockettheme templates or trying to figure what other software you've added that may have contributed to the current problems. You can edit user profiles and you can post/reply by you get an HTTP 500 I.S.E. every time you do it (which doesn't look good, does it?)

Unresolved at this time but I've done everything I can see (including a re-installation of K 2.0.1) and this one has been completely baffled.

Yeah I been looking while you been trying thanks a lot for trying mate you really did a lot even tho i still have the error... Don't know what to do now tho :/

More
11 years 9 months ago #27 by sozzled
We cannot discount the possibility that some inexplicable issues are simply the result of a flaky hosting environment and, particularly where the "cheapie" hosting services are involved, they're easily rectified by moving the site to a different environment (a different hosting company). Before making any assertions on those lines, the best approach to eliminate that possibility and follow the When all else fails, try this path, wouldn't you agree?

It will take you about one hour to create a test site according to the "try this" guide, and will save us all a lot of work. I am willing to bet that a vanilla-flavoured Joomla site and Kunena will work on your hosted environment but we can't be absolutely certain unless we test the hypothesis.

Ultimately, the question of what is most important to you - between having a site that looks good but lacks a functioning forum or having a forum that works and having to find other Joomla extensions that co-operate nicely with it - is a question that only you can answer. To help you, you may like to read Which came first? The template or the forum?

More
11 years 9 months ago #28 by Merup

sozzled wrote: We cannot discount the possibility that some inexplicable issues are simply the result of a flaky hosting environment and, particularly where the "cheapie" hosting services are involved, they're easily rectified by moving the site to a different environment (a different hosting company). Before making any assertions on those lines, the best approach to eliminate that possibility and follow the When all else fails, try this path, wouldn't you agree?

It will take you about one hour to create a test site according to the "try this" guide, and will save us all a lot of work. I am willing to bet that a vanilla-flavoured Joomla site and Kunena will work on your hosted environment but we can't be absolutely certain unless we test the hypothesis.

Ultimately, the question of what is most important to you - between having a site that looks good but lacks a functioning forum or having a forum that works and having to find other Joomla extensions that co-operate nicely with it - is a question that only you can answer. To help you, you may like to read Which came first? The template or the forum?

I see... yeah I guess I can take another look at it myself.. I just don't get why this crap is happening to me :'( Damn you joomla!

If it comes to the point where I don't know what else to do will it then be a possibility to pay one of you guys to spend some time on it?

More
11 years 9 months ago #29 by Kneko
Hi!

I have the same issue and i'm using the same template www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Fatal-Errors/...-error-500-post-edit .

I asked at rocketheme forums but no luck yet. If i find a solution i'll report it to you :)

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds