Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question 500 Internal Server Error

More
11 years 9 months ago #11 by vollach
Replied by vollach on topic 500 Internal Server Error
Is there a version of the workaround here for kunena 1.7.2?, I checked the relevant thread about the problem in the kunena 1.7 support forum but there was nothing like that there and I have that very same issue on my kunena 1.7.2 forum.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic 500 Internal Server Error
Hello,

Can-you enable debug mode in both Joomla! and Kunena configuration panel, else it's impossible to know what is the error

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #13 by vollach

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Can-you enable debug mode in both Joomla! and Kunena configuration panel, else it's impossible to know what is the error

Gives me the following:
Code:
500 Internal Server Error Fatal Error was detected! Fatal Error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57 The error was detected in the Kunena Component. For support click here: Kunena Support

It's kunena 1.7.2, can't use 2.0 or 2.0.1 as there are no language files for Hebrew or RTL template, if I knew for sure the RTL template and language files for 1.7.2 works with 2.0.1 I'd upgrade and keep the upgrade but I tried and reverted back.

Thing is, the problem described here is an exact match to the one I have on 1.7.2 except for the path to the file and line number but the lines contains the same part of code.

I want the workaround here adapted to 1.7.2 if possible.

Thanks.

BTW, I checked the relevant topic about the issue in the 1.7 support area, there is no solution there and no one answers over there.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by vollach.
More
11 years 9 months ago #14 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic 500 Internal Server Error
See the sticky topic and general advice >>> here <<<
More
11 years 9 months ago #15 by vollach

sozzled wrote: See the sticky topic and general advice >>> here <<<

I've seen that, so? what does it have to do with me? as far as I know my server surpass the minimum requirements, it's not an unsupported version of joomla or kunena, I didn't hack kunena, I didn't install any kunena add-ons at all and the problem is in the kunena component only, nowhere else.

It IS a kunena issue, I asked the server admin to check, they found no problem on their end, their only suggestion was to upgrade to version 2.0.1 of kunena, which I can't do because it doesn't yet have support for my language.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled

vollach wrote: Is there a version of the workaround here for kunena 1.7.2?, I checked the relevant thread about the problem in the kunena 1.7 support forum but there was nothing like that there and I have that very same issue on my kunena 1.7.2 forum.

I am trying to understand why you have asked these questions in a topic (started by foxster) that relates to K 2.0 when you are using K 1.7.

Can you please explain why you are asking a question in this topic when you question actually relates to Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_​kunena/libraries/integration/j​oomla16/access.php on line 57 .

This topic was started by foxster and relates to some problem in K 2.0. Your problem relates to something in K 1.7.2. Therefore, when you wrote "I have the very same issue in my Kunena 1.7.2 forum" how could you have the same issue as foxter has when foxster is using K 2.0.1? The issue that had been identified by foxster occurs in a completely different part of the software.

It is in that sense that I asked you to read the sticky topic and general advice about HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors. I hope this helps to explain the situation better for you.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #17 by vollach
Because there is a workaround here and no answer there, and even though it is for 2.0, it is the same problem.

I want a version of the workaround here for 1.7 and no one answers at the thread in the link you gave here, I did asked there, nothing, no one have an answer, nothing that was already there helped.

beside, where would you like me to ask for the kunena 2.0 workaround to be converted to 1.7 if not where the workaround was originally posted?!

And it's the same issue in the sense that it is caused by the same thing, user returned null, therefore, although different systems, same issue, just different line and different file location but same php code causing it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by vollach.
More
11 years 9 months ago #18 by sozzled
*** Topic locked by moderator ***

K 2.0 is not the same as K 1.7. If you have a problem with K 1.7, please use the appropriate K 1.7 category and do hijack someone else's question about K 2.0.
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds