Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved 500 Error for registered users

• Pinkeltje
  • Pinkeltje's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Trying to find an answer before asking
More
11 years 9 months ago #11 by Pinkeltje
The issue is fixed. But I am not sure why. As stated earlier suddenly a newly registered user could upload images fine. This was before I applied the patch. On several tests last night this wasn't possible. I now removed the patch and registered users are still able to upload images.

Only way for me to try to reproduce this is to start the update on an fresh testsite all over again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12 by Matias
Don't remove the patch -- you will see the issue again.

It's happening only once for each user and it comes when Kunena tries to create new folder to your filesystem.

No need to test it either -- just verify that it doesn't happen anymore with the patch.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.

• Pinkeltje
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 9 months ago #13 by Pinkeltje
Put the patch back. But still don't understand it, sorry.

It's happening only once for each user and it comes when Kunena tries to create new folder to your filesystem.

It happened all the time when the same user tried to upload an attachment. Tried it yesterday in different topics and with different users. So not only the first try gave the error, but every attempt to upload an attachment. This morning before applying the patch a newly registered user could upload an attachment.

But I will ask my fellow mods to test with the applied patch now.

More
11 years 9 months ago #14 by Matias
It was happening always when new directory was created to file system by Kunena. It can happen to old user as well, but mostly new ones and one time.

• Pinkeltje
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #15 by Pinkeltje
At least the patch works, but it happened without the patch a lot more often than 1 time. 810 can confirm this. But you can mark this solved, as the patched solved it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"

More
11 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled

Pinkeltje wrote: But you can mark this solved, as the patched solved it.

You can mark the topic solved (there's a topic icon you can use). I have marked it as solved for you this time.

*** Topic archived ***

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds