Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question PHP Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 194

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by helene
Thank you matias for your comment, - this may be something that I could have tried.
However, I went back to Joomla with sozzled's observations and after some days they have fixed it, and returned this to me, which he suggested I might post here:

Some technical details (you may want to post it on Kunena forum):
Kunena is calling JRegistry->setValue() (registry.php:194) with $regpath set to com_kunena..limitstart. It should be com_kunena.limitstart. My workaround removes this extra dot.

However, what is strange, is really that I have never had this before, - it came just suddenly, - so having worked fine for a while, it suddenly didnt work, and this should rather indicate as you say, that I have done something just prior
And I do know that that was to update Extended Registration.

Right now the issue is solved, but it will probably return to it with the next Joomla update, - so I still need to do something. My next move will be to update Kunena forum.
And I think I will remove Extended Registration in the same move.

I hope maybe this information is useful for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #12 by sozzled
Thanks for for your update. Would it be possible for you to post the URL from the Joomla forum where you obtained that information, please? I tried to look for your discussion on the Joomla forum, using keywords from this topic, but I was unable to find it.

We've run a check through all K 1.7.1 code and we cannot find a match for the condition you reported. Therefore, the possibility exists that the problem lies with the version of Kunena and add-ons that you have installed and it's also probable (in spite of what I wrote earlier) that upgrading Kunena to version 1.7.1 (as well as any Kunena add-ons you are using) will fix this issue. We also do not remember seeing reports of this error in in K 1.6.4.

I think the problem for us was that you posted this topic in the K 1.6 and K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade category - which is where people ask questions or report problems they've encountered during installation or upgrades of Kunena. I now understand the purpose of your initial query which was to ask "if I upgrade Kunena will I lose anything?" The answer to that question is [in 999 cases out of 1000] no, you will not lose anything.

The problem exists, in this case, probably because of K 1.6.4 which, as we all know, is no longer supported. What is the most likely cause of the problem now appearing is that something else happened after you installed Kunena to make things happen like they did (the PHP upgrade may be one possible cause, we don't know). So, in this case, I think that xillibit was right (and my conclusion (3) written earlier was also right) - that you should upgrade to K 1.7.1
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by helene
Hi, - you cannot find this information anywhere in forums, because it is through the direct support that Joomla gives you when you are on a paid plan, - so this is through a correspondance with a Joomla system administrator who has been looking into it for some days, and replied to me in a mail.
I can give you the correspondance, but theres not much further than this.

Thank you for your help and comments in this, -

I think I should update kunena, - + I think I have to look at Extended Registration, because I do know I did an update on this just prior to the error occurring - ( a few days prior, but the error might not have been noticed)

I just have to build up my guts to trust that I will not loose any posts :) ...

Sometimes its scary dealing with these kinds of things when you really havent basic knowledge.

Happy new year to all of you in Kunena, - and thanks for giving us the opportunity to use Kunena, - normally a very fantastic add-on to the homepage

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #14 by sozzled
Good luck, Helene. I can only say that, having upgraded Kunena at least 200-300 times it has been my experience that I've not lost anything ... yet! :lol:

We always ask people to read carefully K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide ; make sure you take a backup beforehand - in case something does go wrong - and, if you have any doubts, try things out in a test environment first.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #15 by helene
I did it :woohoo:

No problems occured. Its just, that, - IF something did happen, I would be kind of lost. But it went totally smooth.

Now, next adventure is to uninstall exReg :sick: :) .. I think....

More
12 years 3 months ago #16 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds