Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question Internal server error

More
12 years 7 months ago #21 by erkan
Replied by erkan on topic Re: Internal server error
What info do you need in order to solve this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #22 by badabugs
Replied by badabugs on topic Re: Internal server error
Sorry, i guessed it should help you :S

When the topic has been created, it works fine : We can enable the activity stream ... I've disabled every plugins from jomsocial and it doesn't change anything. I've disabled SEF from joomla : nothing, Make fresh install of community and kunena , nothing ... I've tried every settings in KD ...

Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #23 by erkan
Tell us what info you need to solve this problem and we will give it to you?

More
12 years 7 months ago #24 by erkan
Is there any news about a solution for this problem?

More
12 years 7 months ago #25 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Internal server error
Unfortunately no. I'm not able to reproduce that in any test sites or 3 live sites where I have JomSocial.

I think that there must be a badly behaving JomSocial plugin that causes this issue. I really don't know and I have no idea how to reproduce this issue, either.. :(

More
12 years 7 months ago #26 by erkan
Could it maybe be my server configuration also?

I only use a few Jomsocial plugins and they are all from the Jomsocial team.

More
12 years 7 months ago #27 by erkan
Would it help if I showed you my server configuration?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #28 by erkan
I tried to dissable all my Jomsocial plugins and then tried to comment an article using Kunena Discuss but I still get the internal server error message.

So it is not a badly created JS plugin that is the problem.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by erkan.

More
12 years 7 months ago #29 by nordica
Replied by nordica on topic Re: Internal server error
i have J 1.7 and the discouss 1.7 version installed.. i have before tried and fix this issue with 1000s of posts being vreated in forum when making an article.. and fixed it from info here in the forum.

all has been fine and i have posted many articles.

but just yestarday it started hapening again.... very very strange.

More
12 years 7 months ago #30 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Internal server error
There must be something odd or unexpected going on.. I've never been able to reproduce this one, so it's really hard to get any touch on it.

I think that currently this topic has different issues with different versions of Joomla, which makes it really hard to follow it.

Issue 1

Internal server error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

This error has usually nothing to do with Joomla -- it's almost always coming from server misconfiguration (read Apache configuration, Apache/PHP plugins or .htaccess). If you get this message, error is always logged into server error logs (Joomla 1.7: Site > System Information > PHP Information: find error_log; additionally Apache may have its own log file). Log files are usually domain/subdomain specific and located under that domain. But not always..

Issue 2

Discuss plugin is creating huge amount of topics.

I have absolutely no idea what can cause this, as information is sent by POST, not GET. The only case that I can think of, is that for some reason onPrepareContent/onContentBeforeDisplay event gets fired many times.

Let's start from the beginning and try to find out what's really happening by answering these questions:

I assume that you have all installed latest version of Kunena, discuss (and JomSocial).

1) Joomla version?
2) Frontend or backend?
3) In which page are you before this happens (URL)?
4) What happens?
5) Did you get Internal Server Error? If yes, please locate server/Apache/PHP error log and output it into here
5) Does topic get created on first reply or article creation?
6) If you change above parameter, does it fix the issue?
7) Do you have Jomsocial installed? Is it integrated?
8) Have you installed any custom content plugins? Which ones? Does disabling those help?

I think those will get us started.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds