Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved CjBlog issues with Kunena

More
10 years 4 months ago #11 by matps
Replied by matps on topic CjBlog issues with Kunena
I googled my problem and found mentions in your forum about it possibly be a Javascript error, so that was an assumption. I'm also not using any other SEO plugins and have not touched the htaccess.txt since installion.

I'm on a Namesco server which I believe is using Zeus as opposed to Apache so might have different rewriting methods (this is not my level of expertise!)

Yes I did mean the Profile menu item just to clarify. The Use URL rewriting = Yes is still causing 404's but here is my current configuration after upgrading.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez5 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic CjBlog issues with Kunena

matps wrote: I'm on a Namesco server which I believe is using Zeus as opposed to Apache so might have different rewriting methods (this is not my level of expertise!)

Yes I did mean the Profile menu item just to clarify. The Use URL rewriting = Yes is still causing 404's but here is my current configuration after upgrading

The problems you are having are not caused by Javascript; they are caused by how you are trying to implement Jooma SEO on your website. I have renamed this topic to reflect the true nature of your problems.

If the information I gave you earlier - Search engine optimization (SEO) - did not assist you, we suggest you ask the Joomla forum how to implement Joomla SEO on a Zeus server.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #13 by rich
Replied by rich on topic CjBlog issues with Kunena
It may be related to CjBlog . You use the CjBlog Avatar & Profile System in Kunena. The user list leads to /blog/blogger. I think, that the integration between CjBlog and Kunena does not work correctly. Disable the plugin "CjBlog Kunena Plugin" and try again. Or contact the developer of this extension, maybe he can better help you.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Added URL reference to CjBlog
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
10 years 4 months ago #14 by matps
Replied by matps on topic CjBlog issues with Kunena
Disabling 'Kunena - CjBlog Integration' has worked perfectly, the forum seems fine now and I'm able to view and edit profiles, thank you so much for your help Rich!

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #15 by sozzled

rich wrote: It may be related to CjBlog . You use the CjBlog Avatar & Profile System in Kunena.

Thanks, rich, this makes a lot more sense now, especially when we read again what was written at the beginning of this topic

matps wrote: ... cannot use the the 'Profile' tab unless I change it to 'not integrate' under the Kunena 'Profile' menu item.

When I saw the reference to "do not integrate" I admit I was confused by what it meant. I did not fully understand what this meant in relation to the problem because it was unclear to me what "integrate" related to; not "integrate" with what, specifically, and where, on the the Kunena "Profile" menu, does the option appear?

We kicked this topic among the members of the moderation team and we all agreed that this problem was not caused by Javascript; some other component, unknown to us, was responsible for whatever is going on. We just did not know what other extensions were being used on matps's site. The more I looked at this problem, the more convinced I became that we needed to extract a more complete picture of what was behind these strange behaviours.

Now that we have discovered the cause, we can mark this topic resolved.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago #16 by rich
Replied by rich on topic CjBlog issues with Kunena
The profile images had led me in the right direction. The path was "media/com_cjblog/avatars" or something like.

More
10 years 4 months ago #17 by sozzled
I hope matps does the right thing and lets the guys at www.corejoomla.com know about this issue. Good catch, Rich, and thanks. B)

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds