Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Fabrik Forms stops me upgrading to K 3.0 - crashes my site

More
10 years 10 months ago #11 by mibert
Hi there,

I have tracked down the issue finally.
There seems to be some conflict between the Kunena System plugin and the Fabrik Forms System Plugin ( fabrikar.com/ )

If both Plugins are published, that site crashes and only a white page is shown. If one of these two plugin is unpublihed, the other application (either Fabrik Forms 3.0.8 or Kunena 3.0) is working no problem. Also the migration from Kunena 2.0.4 to 3.0 works very smoothly.

In any case, as I need both components, I am still stack without a solution.

Any advise, how to fix the issue, would be more than appreciated.

Best regards

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #12 by mibert

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
I don't know what further reply we can give you. You want to use two conflicting Joomla extensions that were developed by two different teams of developers. I sympathise with your desire but we are unable to help you. You may have to make a difficult choice: Fabrik Forms or Kunena. If things work with K 2.0.4 then you may be forced to remain at that version. Sorry.

Have you tried changing the order in which the two plugins are loaded?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14 by xillibit
If you had looked in php error log or apache error log by following that www.kunena.org/docs/HTTP_500_Internal_Server_Error , you will see this can kind of issue :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /home/your_site/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php on line 43

I suggest that you report the issue to fabrik developpers

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #15 by mibert
Here is the solution:

- Upload latest Fabrik version (to be downloaed from Git Hub)
- Set "Fabrik - System" plugin in the #_extensions table, and set 'ordering' to -1.
- Empty Cache
- Install Kunena package

In this way it works for me and this method was recommended at the Fabrik forum .

Best regards and thanks for trying to help

Michael
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Insert URL to Fabrik forum

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #16 by KeithK
Install failed with blank screen
Site is completely down. No backend or frontend access.
Joomla 2.5.9 and no errors in log.
php 5.3.27
MySQL version 5.5.33-log
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by KeithK.

More
10 years 7 months ago #17 by sozzled
G'day, Keith, and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have no front- or back-end access to your website. In cases like these, perhaps the best remedy is to restore your website from the last good backup you made before these problems occurred.

Joomla 2.5.x, unfortunately, sounds a little vague to me. Could you be a little more specific?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #18 by KeithK
Found an error in the log:
[06-Sep-2013 13:38:12 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php on line 43

That line simply says: class JForm

Renamed that whole file for the Fabrik form plugin to .old.

Whole site came back up. I was able to continue with the install and it completed without error. However, I have some non-translated strings now. COM_KUNENA_PLUGIN_MANAGER and many others. Reinstall??
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by KeithK.

More
10 years 7 months ago #19 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

KeithK wrote: Found an error in the log:
[06-Sep-2013 13:38:12 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php on line 43

That's the key to this problem and thank you for providing us with this information.

As you see, there is a problem with Fabrik forms and that's something you need to check out with the developers of Fabrik forms. The Kunena team is not associated with the team that develops the Fabrik component; you may find better help in this topic that where I have merged your message.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #20 by raunhar
Replied by raunhar on topic error on installation
Joomla Version 2.5.14
PHP version 5.3

error on installation:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /home/greenf/public_html/new/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php on line 43

Next I tried installing Kuena before fabrik. Kuena got installed, but when I tried installing Fabrik, this error showed up again.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by raunhar.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds