Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] General questions about Kunena 1.6 - please do not ask about release dates

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by etusha
any news about K1.6
features out date etc etc
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: any news about K1.6
We are currently preparing Kunena Developer Meeting, which will give a huge boost towards K1.6.

Kunena 1.6 features are partly open -- we have a long list of changes which have been / will be prioritized in the next few days.

Some of the features have already been partly coded, like new moderation tools, integration API and new database schema (with kunena prefix). Kunena 1.6 will also have huge performance and scalability optimizations and some other cool improvements.

As Kunena is developed in our spare time, there are no solid dates for any Kunena releases. But we will try to release stable K1.6 before Joomla 1.6.0 goes out.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #3 by etusha
Replied by etusha on topic Re: any news about K1.6
As Kunena is developed in our spare time, there are no solid dates for any Kunena releases.
i not ask the out date but for a proximately date
only for features

"But we will try to release stable K1.6 before Joomla 1.6.0 goes out."

u cant create a stable before joomla create it stable
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by etusha.

• mobz
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #4 by mobz
Replied by mobz on topic Re: any news about K1.6
Hi, thank you for all the great effort that you guys have put into kunena.

I'm wondering if we can expect a version of kunena 1.5 with better integrations with jomsocial or do we have to wait for kunena 1.6 to see that?

thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #5 by etusha
Replied by etusha on topic Re: any news about K1.6
Do have any how will the upgrade from J1.5 to J1.6
what will be with the created dir and PHOTOS

And that about K1.5 to K1.6 how it will be

or we should start site from start :(

More
14 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: any news about K1.6
Upgading to Joomla 1.6 should be relatively easy when it's ready.

Also upgrading to Kunena 1.6 should be easy -- we have already tested upgrade process.

Current build of Kunena 1.6 works perfectly in Joomla 1.5 and there's no reason to wait Joomla 1.6 to get stable..

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7 by clivecchi
I have looked throught the forums, searched for K1.6, went to the SVN as I saw in the forum, looked on the Blog....And I must be completely blind, but I dont see anywhere that has simple, direct information about 1.6. I have asked other questions about 1.6 that have gone unanswered. So I am proposing that perhaps you consider a board specifically for 1.6 with maybe a sticky showing release dates, features, etc.

My first question is related to JomSocial Group Integration and how it wil work. I have been paying for specific development and would rather commit thise funds to Kunena development, if I knew that your solution would meet my needs. Thus the reason I suggest, better communication on 1.6.

I would like groups to be able to start forums within categories that are set "Forum Enabled" in the backend. And moderators could be assigned from the groups.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by johnnydement.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8 by woonydanny
fair go, they have had a few hectic months punching out alot of work on the K1.5 series. As you will see by the SVN they are working constantly on the upcoming K1.6, but as they do it as a hobby they dont know exactly the amount of spare time they get to work on it and so they dont know and thus cant tell exact dates of release. The communication is pretty good, we know via twitter that K1.5.5 is near release and via SVN we know work is underway on K1.6.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #9 by etusha
the core of K1.6 is almost ready

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #10 by johnnydement
We don't want to speak too much about 1.6 too early. The initial idea was to publish 1.6 with j1.6 RC... but seems we may be ready before that ;)

On the other hand, K1.6 is major revamp of Kunena itself, basically, we're rewritten all code inherited from joomlaboard and fireboard completely, old code was a mess, and fixing one thing broke 10... we cannot keep working in Kunena in these conditions, upcoming J1.6 seems a good moment to do so.

So K1.6 is all about rewriting everything with new classes according to J1.6, but that works also with J1.5...

Although an important point for us are integrations, at this stage, we don't care First we have to recreate what we have but well done, and I doubt first releases of K1.6 may have many new additons, untruth, they will have, but you will not see them...

Also, integration must be a 2 teams work... you can see what you ask is already working with groupjive, basically, because we had a great communication with CB and GJ team, constant skype chats while building the integration on what/we needed and how to get it... I'm sorry to say the same is not applicable to azrul team. All the work has been done in our side, with some questions answered from them... you can see azrul interest in Kunena seeing there's still no core Kunena plugin, but a fireboard one...

That said, you can see in K1.6 to-dos , JS is there, but for it, and for rest of 3rd party support, the API must be done
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by johnnydement.

Time to create page: 1.052 seconds