Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 8 months ago #161 by beat

sozzled wrote:

Rollen wrote: is there any way i can use community builder to do this?

What do the folks at Joomlapolis have to say about this?

Using Community Builder (free) and CBSubs (commercial), you can restrict access to any CMS extension (component or module) based on CBSubs plan membership. For example, you can have a CBSubs subscription plan called Forum Plan that allows access to specific forum areas (even if the forum component does not do this on its own). As CBSubs manages multiple memberships and plans, you can precisely control access depending on e.g. URL or POST parameters, in the CBSubs Content Integration plugin. A corresponding use-case example exists in the CBSubs manual. :)

Beat B)
CB Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago #162 by freedomcoach
I'd like to know if there is a way to do this same thing with the AEC component.
More
13 years 8 months ago #163 by zonedabone
Replied by zonedabone on topic Custom Permissions
I run a website for a group, which also doubles as a general guide. I'd like to make a certain category only available to certain people, but I don't want to give all of them a high-level front end permission. Is it possible to restrict acces to only certain forum groups? (Like moderator, admin, and any other groups I define?)
More
13 years 8 months ago #164 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Custom Permissions
Hello,

With Joomla! 1.6 will be easy to do that, but with joomla! 1.5 you need to use specific components for that.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #165 by Eranda
How can we provide rights to kunena user,to create subforums inside his/her forum ,Without login to joomla backend ?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Eranda.
More
13 years 8 months ago #166 by xillibit
Hello,

It's not possible to do this wihout logging to Kunena backend. You can set to this user limited right or just wait Joomla! 1.6 with the ACL system.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 7 months ago #167 by Matias
Actually I'm planning to use J1.6 alike ACL system, which fits better to our uses and allows users to do just that in J1.5, too. And I would like to get that into K1.7
More
13 years 7 months ago #168 by Case-Berlin
Why do I set up since the version 1.5.12 in public access is no longer only forum managers or administrators?

More
13 years 7 months ago #169 by Matias
The language in those options is not the best possible. Here is the explanation:

Public access = users, who have only frontend access
Backend access = users, who have also backend access

So basicly purpose of these two settings is to say that user must be Publisher OR Administrator to have access on this forum. It means that authors, editors and managers do not have access to the category. Super admin has no meaning as it administrator has automatic global moderator rights.

Previously Kunena acted like this only when you were using English -- translations broke the feature.

You can also say Nobody in public access (1.5.12+), which means that you need to have backend access to see the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Case-Berlin
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #170 by wonderland2001
Hi,

Where can i change the usersgroup?
administrator, monderator,..

I woud like to ad some more;
Like Designer,Team-Friends

Idea? or solution?
And when is Kunena RC3 ?
Because my site is go open on 15 sept., so i need a stable version +change group and Hide function

ohja Can somebody make Hide function (hide messages), and don't talk about 2 cent, everyone need it.

regard,
Jack
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by wonderland2001.
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds