Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
11 years 5 months ago #371 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Permissions by ranking
*** Topics merged ***

tinny: Your question has been here asked before.

Forum ranks do not imply additional forum privileges; forum ranks are a purely notional concept of forum activity but "higher" ranks do not give your users different permissions in the forum.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago #372 by N6REJ
I have some categories that are restricted to certains "groups" of folks depending on their rank. Right now I have to use "groups" but some people are for example "registered" while others are "author" or even higher.
How can I set it so anyone with "recruiter" rank can access that category
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #373 by sozzled
N6REJ: The question about using forum rank as another way of controlling access to different features or parts of a forum is one of those questions that often is asked in this forum.

As we all know, forum rank can be assigned "automatically" based on the number of posts made by a forum user, or forum rank can be assigned to users by a site administrator. In both cases, forum rank is simply an "honorary" title that may be used to indicate a kid if "seniority" a person may have in one's forum. At no time, throughout the life of Kunena (or Fireboard before it) as forum rank been used to control access to forum categories.

As much as many people would love for rank to be used as an alternative or replacement for, or adjunct with, Joomla ACLs, this is not currently feasible.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds