Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 4 months ago #291 by mattstahl
This sounds like a perfect stop-gap solution, but I'm a little hazy on the mechanics. Could you PLEASE outline a basic procedural step-by-step to walk us through set-up?

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #292 by skybax
Block some users from starting a topic in a specific category!

For example i have the category called "expert advice" and i want to allow just those members that we consider "experts" to start a new topic but everyone else can reply to it with no restrictions!

This can be made like a rank filter if your rank isn't 7 you can't start a topic bat you are able to reply to every post in that category!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by skybax.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #293 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

skybax: see msg #243 in this topic.

Also, for everyone else who has asked questions about the use of Kunena ranks: ranks in Kunena are purely honorary; a rank does not carry with it any privilege; ranks in Kunena do not give the account holder any special "powers" to do anything in Kunena.

As far as the design of Kunena is concerned, a user account's ability to do certain things within Kunena categories is controlled or, where those things are not yet implemented, will be controlled by ACLs. So, while we understand the point that you have made, the feature has not been implemented in K 1.7 but there will better extensibility in K 2.0.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 months ago #294 by xabi
Well, first sorry for my english. I wanted to know if you can give them permission to create topic to moderators only. I need that only moderators can create topics, and users can only respond to the topic created by the moderators. And if it is not possible with normal confoguracion you know of any plugin or component that allows this?

Thank you,
More
12 years 4 months ago #295 by xillibit
Hello,

It's not possible actually with Kunena, maybe this feature can be implemented in a future Kunena version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 4 months ago #296 by Kubik-Rubik
Hi Kunena team,

I wanted to ask if the function to set the write permission for individual categories is planned in the next releases?

My requirements:

Every guest should see the forum entries, but only Subscriber (a special group - not Registered) and groups below this level can write new entries.

I could hack the files to achieve this, but that would lead to problems with updates.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
More
12 years 4 months ago #297 by sphinx
Hi all this is my first post.
Is possibile for guest account show only forum index and categories but not inside topic/message?

I tried any acl but don't work: the guest can view or all forum or none.

Any hack for *.php files?

Best regards
More
12 years 4 months ago #298 by Kubik-Rubik
Hi Kunena Community!

Okay, I did a small hack to achieve my aim.

You can find the file and a description here: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/forum/c...n-not-the-visibility

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
More
12 years 4 months ago #299 by sozzled
G'day, sphinx, and welcome to Kunena.

I've added your question to the summary posted in msg #243 earlier in this topic.
More
12 years 4 months ago #300 by sphinx

sozzled wrote: G'day, sphinx, and welcome to Kunena.

Hi sozzled
I found a solution for my problem, I modified kunena.php with some custom code like described in this post and some trick.

Best regards
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds