Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 9 months ago #271 by dzikson
Replied by dzikson on topic Re: Public Access Level:

Matias wrote: I assume that you are in Joomla 1.5.. if I'm right just install ArtOf User:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients...ser-management/14383

And add a group from it.

Is there anything special I have to do to make this work? I installed Artof User, created new group, but it doesn't show up when I go to Kunena category manager to set access levels.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago #272 by sozzled
The techniques in achieving the result that you require, dzikson, involve a knowledge of how to use Artof User, Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups and something like what was mentioned a couple of years ago here: Multiple user groups using jx control .

The "trick" is to make sure that the user is properly assigned to the correct custom groups that are needed to access the Kunena category.
More
12 years 9 months ago #273 by Topuk
can some one please explain to me how i can go about making some of the boards only visible to a select few registered members and not all?
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #274 by mstephan
You can do this with Joomla! 1.6 permissions or ArtofUser ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients...JhcnRvZnVzZXIiO30%3D )

Just set the public access to whichever group you want.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by mstephan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepaklucknow
More
12 years 8 months ago #275 by tbarlow
Replied by tbarlow on topic Re: Public Access Level:

Matias wrote: I assume that you are in Joomla 1.5.. if I'm right just install ArtOf User:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients...ser-management/14383

And add a group from it.

I use the newest ver of Kunena 1.6x
More
12 years 8 months ago #276 by sozzled
tbarlow: Although this is not a topic that was intended for solving such problems - it's more a discussion about the kinds of issues/features that people would like to see work with Kunena - what version of Joomla are you using? As we've written before, in this topic, there is a solution available for users of J! 1.5.x and K 1.6.x if they want to investigate Artof User as a possible solution. I can only say that we've used this component with K 1.6 and it works.

The "devil is in the detail" as they say. You need to read about how Artof User works and, using the existing features of Kunena, apply that knowledge to your current situation.
More
12 years 7 months ago #277 by vincenam
Is there any way to restrict who can create new topics in a forum but then allow all users to be able to post to those topics.

Basically I want to control the initial topics but then allow anyone to post replies to these.

Regards Alan.
More
12 years 7 months ago #278 by Matias
No, not in Kunena 1.6/7. It will be possible in Kunena 2.0, which has much better control on actions.
More
12 years 7 months ago #279 by vincenam
OK, thanks for the speedy response.

Any ideas on rough time-scales for the v2.0 release?
More
12 years 7 months ago #280 by Matias
I just gave an answer in another topic. I'm hoping to get first beta out in 2-3 weeks. Of course it may never happen, but.. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: vincenam
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds