Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 1 month ago #211 by Asterix
Thanks for the answer :)

I may not have written clearly enough, but I dont mean how to set for special groups like reistered, author etc, but for my clan from the Community Builder. I want one category in the forum to be only for the clan members from CB. Is this possible?
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #212 by sozzled
I think it's possible if you use GroupJive. I don't have any personal experience with using GroupJive. You could ask the question at www.joomlapolis.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asterix
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #213 by fadege
there is a way the have some topics READABLE only for a group of registred users?

Thanks!
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #214 by sozzled
You could place those read-only topics into a locked category. Is this what you wanted to know?
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #215 by fadege
but in this way no one will write on it?

I need a way to have a group of user who can read a write a topic and another group who can only read it.

Thanks!
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #216 by sozzled
I see your point. Although moderators and administrators have write access, this isn't quite what you want.

At the present time there is no way to have groups of users (who are not moderators or administrators) who can write while other groups of users only have read access. Sorry. That's the way it is. I've merged your topic with another one that discusses these similar issues. It may happen that a future version of Kunena will implement the idea as you have described it.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #217 by fadege
many thanks.
And many thanks for you amazing forum system!!!

We will use it in all our future jppmla 1.6 web sites!
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by fadege.
More
13 years 1 week ago #218 by eliteeservices
It would be handy if you could restrict or allow only certain users in certain forums. JooBB does this but the forum is otherwise not as good as Kunena.

For example I want users a,b,and c to access a particular forum category.

eesfx.com wants this!
More
13 years 1 week ago #219 by alaplume
Hi there,

Is there an option to set different Public Access Levels to a category, outside of the ones Joomla sets for you? Right now I can set a Kunena category to either Registered, Author, Edit, or Publisher.

I want to create a folder in the forum where I can control which registered users can see it. I added certain users to the Author settings inside Joomla, but now any Author can view content that is set to "Special" -- which was only intended for Super Admins.

I was wondering if I could override this issue inside Kunena?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
More
13 years 1 week ago #220 by loanchik
Replied by loanchik on topic Private categories?
Is there a way to make categories private and add by request only? I have a category I want to make private so nobody can post or view it unless they are given special access? Can we do this?
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds