Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 3 months ago #201 by sozzled
The access control mechanisms that I was referring to relate to J! 1.5. K 1.6.2 does not utilise the native ACL features of J! 1.6. It is expected that K 1.6.3 will be the first version that will utilise fully all the native features of J! 1.6.

Although users can install K 1.6.2 under J! 1.6, we are aware that there are several problems and these are being looked at now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coder4life
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #202 by Campaign_Promotions
Is it possible to set up forums so that they can be viewed publically and browsed by search engines and yet you must be registered to post?
More
13 years 1 month ago #203 by xillibit
Hello,

You can let public access so google and users will be acces to it, or set for registred users only and only users registred can see topics/messages.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 1 month ago #204 by coder4life
ACL groups and user groups are very different things, they may have a few things in common, but it really depends on the purpose of a the extension. This does not exclude the fact that we could establish a relationship between the two. It would be great if Kunena would allow us to have ACL and functionality permissions fine tuned for unlimited user groups. Then we could relate some Joomla user groups with Kunena user groups.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #205 by sozzled
Just to clarify the issues. You can have public access (and you can only allow registered users the ability to post messages) which is a standard feature of Kunena.

This is exactly how the forum at www.kunena.org is set up. This is also the default configuration setting.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 1 month ago #206 by coder4life
Let me clarify, Kunena has 5 levels of user permissions.

Site Administrator
Global Moderator
User

It would be great if we could create our own with their own permission sets based on role. I might have one type of moderator focused on certain activities that I necessarily do not want another moderator to do. Or I want a special type of user outside a regular user. This is not only about ACL, but the ability to control fine tuned options.
More
13 years 1 month ago #207 by Asterix
Hi!

We are new to Joomla and Kunena, and are trying to fix up our website.
We have CB installed.

My question is, is there a plugin we can install so I can change accsess level on the kategories in the forum to spesial/clan mebers only(Not only site registered)? I can do that now, but only between registered, public and higher levels. We have clan members on CB, and I would like to have one kategories that is only for clan members from the CB.(or i can make a second clan list in kunena, if it already is such a plugin)

Is there a plugin like this, or maybe you want to make one? :D

Hope you understand my English, and looking forward to a answer!
Thank you.

Best regards,
Asterix.
More
13 years 1 month ago #208 by sozzled
G'day, Asterix, and welcome to Kunena.

Yes, it's possible to do these things with K 1.6.3 on J! 1.5.22 using a third-party ACL component. Please read the K 1.6.3 release notes for further information about compatible ACL compnents.
More
13 years 1 month ago #209 by Asterix
Thank you for fast and positive answer :)

I have now uppdated to K 1.6.3, but I don't find anywhere to set special access level on diferent groups/categories from the CB. Do I have to install another component, or is it possible with 1.6.3 to do this, but I just don't find the setting?
More
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds