Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 3 months ago #191 by paul85
Replied by paul85 on topic minimum posts area
Hello,

I have Kunena 1.6.2 installed.
Now i want to create an area which can only be accessed by users with a minimum amount of forum posts, or with a minimum rank.

I hope someone can help me! :)
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #192 by sozzled
G'day, Paul85, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your question and your interest in this matter. It's a question that is often asked (as you will see if you browse this topic). How to automatically restrict new users to certain categories until they have earned enough "credit" to post in the categories that your more seasoned members use.

Although it's possible to restrict certain users from different sections or categories of Kunena, there is a basic issue within Joomla 1.5 that means that the mechanism to do so is not necessarily desirable. It's certainly possible to allow users access to sections or categories but this has to be done manually, by the site administrator, on a user-by-user basis. Ideally, I suppose, you would like this allowance to occur automatically but that is not a feature of Kunena at this time. It's a good idea that might find its way into a future version.

Please browse through this topic. I hope it gives you a few good ideas.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 months ago #193 by softstor
Replied by softstor on topic Locking Categories
I am presently using version 1.62

I would like to create a category where the admin is the only person to create new topics but all registered users can reply to these topics.

Can this be done?

Visit my Kunena Forum at www.ProsperityTeamOne.com
More
13 years 3 months ago #194 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Locking Categories
Hello,

This isn't doable actually in Kunena.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 3 months ago #195 by softstor
Replied by softstor on topic Re: Locking Categories
Thanks for the update.

Possibly this can be added to the request list.

One possible solution is create access privilages in each category. Some of these can include:

Create New Topic
Reply to a Topic

Visit my Kunena Forum at www.ProsperityTeamOne.com
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #196 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Locking Categories
Look in this category : www.kunena.org/forum/119-feature-requests , i think it's has been already submitted

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by xillibit.
More
13 years 3 months ago #197 by Shammydavis
We have a world of warcraft guild currently running Ninjaboard, which we really don't like all that much.

We have installed and scrutinized your forums, but don't see a needed component.

After a new applicant registers to the site, they are automatically tagged as "Non Guild Member" and as such only have access to a few forums.

If we accept them into the guild, the rank is changed to "Guild Member" and they are given full access to all of the forums.

Additionally, we have "Officer" forums that are obviously specific to guild management.

Is there a means to do this with Kunena???

I think it's funny that the guys at Ninjaforums still run Fireboard...
More
13 years 3 months ago #198 by sozzled
G'day, shammydavis, and welcome to Kunena.

Yes, with K 1.6.2 you can do this. You don't discriminate on the basis of "rank" - rank actually has no meaning in Kunena. You can allow/disallow access to forum categories using an ACL component, like Artof User, for example.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #199 by coder4life
sozzled, to confirm tough this does not work with Joomla!s V1.6 current ACL correct?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by coder4life.
More
13 years 3 months ago #200 by Shammydavis
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds