Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena ... (and removing the "Powered by Kunena" link)

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #41 by severdia

adeniyi2010 wrote: I don't think he needs to use Kunena to make some contribution. That he is registered on your website means he is a part of your community.

Using Kunena and making a contribution to the project are obviously two totally different things. Making accusations that we aren't following the GPL is neither.

adeniyi2010 wrote: Joomla has a lot of extensions and modules that are free. When you use about 10 of them and you you have no way of removing the "powered by" in all of them, your site is filled up with links and powered by on different pages. Some may not like this or feel it makes their website less professional - that you are using freebies and cannot afford a real website - the same reason you get your own domain name.

Fair observation, but it doesn't change the project's stance on helping people remove the link.

adeniyi2010 wrote: Kunena can decide they want people to keep the link but I would prefer they take a step further and make it a true choice as the GPL license specifies. In asking us not to, Kunena is placing us under a moral burden and dilemma. Why tell us we are free to remove it and then turn back and say you don't like it? A person who does not care about Kunena's effort would probably not bother about their feeling on this - but a true appreciative person would try to get Kunena to allow them or be emotionally blackmailed into leaving it.

It IS a true choice. There's no moral burden or dilemma. If you don't want it, simply remove it. It's that easy. Sure, we'd prefer people didn't, but we're not forcing anyone to do anything.

Why don't we stop using hyperbolic phrases like "emotional blackmail." It's absurd. Remove the link if you don't want it. Or hire someone to do it for you if you don't have the technical skills (or do a simple Google search for FREE). Nobody is stopping you and complaining about our stance won't get the job done any faster.

adeniyi2010 wrote: By the way, I use Kunena.

Glad to hear it! :)

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by severdia.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #42 by kyovev
Video Tutorial - *** link removed by moderator ***

I hope that you wont delete this post and ban me. From what i read i understood that it's not against the license to remove this link.

If you guys dont want to show your users how to do this, i will!

my blog is eu-bloger.eu
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #43 by MarioMari
I agree with kyovev that is not always necessary to place a link to the Kunena. Now, this is the link you just get too big and provides a link through which I can "escape" from my user. According to me it is worth to the team thought Kunena method for the determination of his work.

It is worth to the Kunena configuration option was included to enable Kunena link in the footer or not. What other side business, and another non-profit site. In business, it is understandable that they do not want the other side easily had such cool tools as you do.

Normal user forum use the forum and not interested in what the Foum and who is the creator and what where it is and what is the license. After all, someone who needs it can quickly see what it is for the forum, and where is its source. So the show or not show the footer and link to Kunena is not a problem.
Anyone interested in know how to do and I think the Kunena team to understand this and not be upset for this reason.

But this video kyovev pd how to remove the link, instead of how to disable the link is to me very polite and unnecessary.

It is good that this conversation is. Well, that kyovev is sincere. But in my opinion, the moderator should delete this entry because it is not polite and respectful to the authors of Kunena.

In my opinion, it is possible that the designers have been pushing for permission to use on your website Brand Kunena. Barnd "KUNENA Forum" should just famous for its reliability, quality and safety. Then everyone who wants to attract users to your site such encourage to sign that gives confidence to users making the entries on this forum.

Regards!

P.S.
Sorry for editing content when I first sended.

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by MarioMari.
More
11 years 7 months ago #44 by sozzled
kyovev: You are free to use the internet to do whatever you please on your own time and in your own webspace. While you use this website you are subject to our rules and our decisions. It is not contrary to the GPL to remove the "powered by" link - this fact has been stated on a dozen or more occasions. It is, however, contrary to our policy to show people how it's done and that's the difference.
More
11 years 2 months ago #45 by tonymurray
Where do you go to remove the 'time to create page' and 'powered by kunena forum'.
Usually the php is easy to find and change or delete, but it seems to be hidden away somewhere with this one.
Apart from removing these at the bottom of the forum, everything else is great.

Thanks,
Tony
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #46 by Shimei
root/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/view.php

I dunno whether Kunena allows remove branding, so you may want to inquire about it.

Likewise, same file displays time created...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Shimei.
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #47 by tonymurray
Hi Shemei,
Thanks. I done a bit more searching on the forum and noticed that it is a requirement to leave the Powered by bit.
If you've got any ideas on the 'time to create page' section would be great. I tried but it caused an error.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tonymurray.
More
11 years 2 months ago #48 by tonymurray
Found a way to remove the time to create line which works.

Still don't like the ad/link on the bottom of every extension and think that having the option to put their link on a links page would be a better solution.

Of course in saying that, every other extension I have installed the developers have told me via their forum how to remove it for their respective extensions.

Anyway, its looking better with half of the guff removed.
More
11 years 1 month ago #49 by rhemon
Please help me to remove this from my site. I don't want my visitors to see through which i created a forum.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds