Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Loved The great "Thanks to All Kunena Developers" thread

More
13 years 4 months ago #71 by Mortti
Anyway Ron... I'm still open your ideas in any testing purposes for Blend options... and you have seen my points/suggestions for J! 1.5.xx ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #72 by sozzled
One really interesting thing I've noticed: use Google Translate for the word "Kunena" in Finnish and translate it into English! :lol:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #73 by Mortti
Wake up me... just notice!!! that you see and heard FIREBOARD in that search result... I think

Now I understand the comic attitude from sozzled which I take personally... I thought it was for my country...

But seems if Kunena take for Finnish... it's FIREBOARD from google <-- you mean this in search results For Finnish Kunena and Google take that for English : FIREBOARD?

We have todo and ask changes for it from Google immediately!!! Matias, take you or I to contact? This have to handler ASAP.

It's FIREBOARD from google for Finnish traslations when someone do automatically conversion from google... this is serious thing already, misinformation, schedule for update information for Finnish in Google ASAP...

See: translate.google.fi/translate_t?q=Kunena...&tab=wT#fi|en|Kunena Paina Matias uudelleen nappia "Käännä" jos ei heti tule ilmi... sieltä ilmestyy Fireboard joka on yhtä kuin Kunena!

Sorry sozzled... my bad that I didn't understant the point of your in first, sorry...

Anyway... My point was to thank you all of you K-Team and others... look like we seen also some wrong information from google... have to talk with Matias and or to make my decision if Matias not answer.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Mortti.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #74 by jaymzyates
Replied by jaymzyates on topic I love it!
Just want to drop a line to all you hard working developers, amdins, mods, etc. I've been through phpbb1,2 and 3, vbulletin, fireboard, etc...

I am SO GLAD I have found my last joomla forum. I love kunena. It addresses everything I've been complaining about in regards to integration for YEARS.

Thank you!!!

(now if I can just stop misspelling kunena.. )
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by jaymzyates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein

More
13 years 2 months ago #75 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: I love it!
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to the team!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #76 by readyman
Hi Guys! I just wanted to thank you for Kunena Forums. I am using it now after using Agora forums fo almost a year. I would like to take the time to acknowledge you for your great efforts and tell you a little about my Joomla/Forum story.

Okay, as I said I used Agora Forum for almost a year-to-date. I had liked it, but never loved it. It lacked a few things that Kunena has like advanced froum statisitcs, a detailed userlist, a nice looking profile field at the top of the forums with my avatar embedded in the field, easy and multi-moderation areas, the profiles were very bland, and too many more things too list here.

Agora forums went commercial not too long ago, and went they went commercial you had to buy a liscence to get support even if you have been supporting them for many months by using and advertising their product, and their support forums were closed to general public. When this happened I knew it was time for a change. Also, Agora forum support (pre-commercial) was not so good, the people there were very friednly but took a week to respond sometimes and that got to be a pain when I needed sincere help. Your guys' support is top notch and you guys have very friendly attitudes and are very promt with you responses, I only waited a few hours for a response on all my support threds so far.

After I was done using Agora, I installed phpBB to my Joomla Db, and merged it over with Mehdi's phpBB3 bridge, and everything worked out good exept users would have to register at the site twice in order for my forum to officially count them as phpBB and Joomla users to share an account. Even though the guys compnent/bridge declared it would combined the users together on the same Db, it actually did not work that well.

I stumbled upon Kunena in Google under a website that was sharing the "Top 10 Joomla Extensions in the World". Kunena was (according too this website) the #1 rated Joomla/Forum software out there that was still free. And so far, after fiddeling around with the Admin Settings in my Joomla backeend, and adhusting settings that I needed help with from the Kunena team here at these forums. I got this forum looking and acting great.

It fits my site perfectly by means of visuals, integration, user friendliness, etc. I currently had 650+ members on my Agora forum, but since the free softwares code was so poorly written it got attracked by spammers almost every ten minutes. Eventually my site and its security got compromised and an intrusion happened (read more here ) and I had to re-install my site entirely from scratch, Db included in this intrusion meaning I could not keep my 600+ members and am now starting over.

Kunena made this process very easy, because I am a very picky man with my site, and it was very hard for me to figure our how my sites homepage weas too look, and I now use Kunena for my Joomla homepage because it is so inviting and visually stunning to my guests and members. I altered a bit of admin backend Kunena attributes like taking the login form out of the header, and installed my own inline login form, and it is working great!

Long story short is, thank you very much for Kunena you guys, and please keep up the great work. If you guys ever go commercial I would love it if you sent out a PM/Global Announcement to all members, so I can be ready and pay what you are asking. This is possibly the best forum software around. I even put it up there with the ever so dominant and great vBulletin.

Cheers from an ever so appreciative member and user of Kunena Forums.

Truely Yours,

-readyman
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by readyman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #77 by sozzled
G'day, readyman, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you very much for telling us your story and for your praise of Kunena. Kunena is a community-driven, open source project and we expect that it will always remain so and remain freely distributable and free of licensing costs. The Kunena project team listens to all feedback from the community but it is particularly rewarding to read stories like yours. :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #78 by readyman
No problem, I will always give credit where credit is due mate. I especially like your guys software and the support teams attitudes here. as long as you guys stay as you are now, I will be a long time supporter of Kunena and all your projects. :)

Cheers!

More
12 years 8 months ago #79 by Estacey2009
Replied by Estacey2009 on topic Thank you!
A very heartfelt "Thank You" to everyone involved in getting 1.6.5 out.

Your hard work and dedication are greatly appreciated, I hope you find cause to celebrate.
I would ask now that you begin studying for J1.8 in hopes that project slips in and out as easily as it possibly can. They are having a Joomla Fest in September, in Hamburg..

You folks deserve front row seats.. March on!.. and Thank you again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago #80 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Thank you!

Estacey2009 wrote: Your hard work and dedication are greatly appreciated, I hope you find cause to celebrate.

Quietly optimistic at the moment. :lol:

Will be travelling to the USA in about a month's time. That's my number one item on the agenda.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds