Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
13 years 3 months ago #81 by ndavis1515
Hello,

I am sorry if this was mentioned before, but I know you can subscribe to a individual thread. You can also subscribe to a certain topic from the board. How would I subscribe to the whole board itself. Or just a main category, so I will be alerted by email when a new post in any of the topics appeared. Or where can I adjust the back end to allow other people to do so when visiting my site.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #82 by sozzled
G'day, ndavis1515, and welcome to Kunena.

You can subscribe to a topic or to a category. There is no "subscribe to all categories" feature (but you can select individual categories and subscribe to each of them individually).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ndavis1515
More
13 years 2 months ago #83 by rgblogs
Replied by rgblogs on topic E-Mail Forum Activity
Hi

I have a small community forum. I want everyone registered to get mailed whenever any activity happens on the forum.

How can I add this functionality.

Thanks in advance!

I have no signature :)
More
13 years 2 months ago #84 by rgblogs
Replied by rgblogs on topic Re: E-Mail Forum Activity
I have a private forum of around 400 members only.

I need my users to subscribe to one category for important announcements and information, so that they can get by email.

I know they can subscribe by themselves but are too lazy...

Plz tell me how to do that. I am ready to modify database also

Plz help me. It is very important!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #85 by mummygeek_spain
You might want to look at the latest version of TechJoomla JmailAlerts. I started with this before Christmas for some of my sites where there was little activity and I wanted a regular update to go out to all members whether they were subscribed to the category or not.

The software now does what it says v2.0.2 and the kunena latest post plugin for v2.0.2 should do what you want. You can choose which category you want to email posts from.
You can also set how often you want the emaila lert to go out: daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

Hope this helps.
Mummy
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by mummygeek_spain.
More
13 years 2 months ago #86 by rgblogs
Replied by rgblogs on topic Re: E-Mail Forum Activity
Found It!!:lol:

It was simple...just to insert catid and userid in kunena subscription category table.

More
13 years 2 months ago #87 by mejean
Hello,

I wish set up a forum such as "Annoucements" and notify all this section users who access at each new message.

How to ensure that all users (depending on their users group or thier level access) are notified of new posts?

Thanks you
More
13 years 2 months ago #88 by philiplardner
Is it possible to have all new users automatically subscribed to all forum categories?

I am trying to persuade a large group of users to migrate from a GoogleGroups mailing list (where they automatically receive every post directly to their in-box) to a Kunena based forum. They would be more willing to do this if they can just subscribe and not have to change any settings, and automatically receive notifications of every new post in every forum as usual. They can then selectively unsubscribe if they wish.

Thanks,

Philip.
More
13 years 1 month ago #89 by sozzled
G'day, Phil. As you can see (I have merged your topic with one that has been running for a long time) this issue has been much discussed. I hope that, by merging your question into another topic, I have been able to put your question into a context that might help yo understand what are the issues involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philiplardner
More
13 years 1 month ago #90 by saariko
Hi all,

I have several users who want to get the posts to their email (something like a digest) They don't want to answer or moderate, just be alerted on messages, and see the message body.

Is it possible somehow?

thanks
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds