Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
11 years 11 months ago #111 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, CarlosV, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question has been asked and answered in this topic.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #112 by skyhawk85u
Replied by skyhawk85u on topic Mail to all users
OK, so there's no way in the back end to subscribe users to a category. I assume there is probably a way to do it in the MySQL tables but I'm no SQL expert and don't want to mess around in there too much. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? I need to get a group subscribed to a category and it's just not going to happen unless I do it myself.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #113 by sozzled
G'day, skyhawk85u, and welcome to Kunena.

As you can see, this topic was started over 3 years ago as a kind of "is it possible to do this" thing. As you also know, there is not feature currently in Kunena that allows you to do this kind of thing easily. This topic canvasses a lot of different opinions and ideas about how you might go about having all the members of your community "automagically" subscribed to receive email every time someone posts a message in any category in your forum. There are different opinions about whether such a feature is desirable because of the possibility that, in a very busy forum, people would be bombarded with email.

Yes, there are ways that you can tweak the SQL but we have to be very careful when we start dabbling in things we're not very familiar with (see How To Destroy your forum data... ).

As you also know, this is a community-driven self-help resource. If there's something that people want to do that's not provided within the standard feature set, then we will do our best to try to help but the Kunena project makes no guarantees that it can help or can continue to guarantee that certain ideas relating to one version of Kunena will apply in a later version of Kunena.

For those people who can make the changes that they need to make, that's good. For those people who can not make the changes that they want to make, what would you like the community to do to help you? Perhaps you may consider using the category Requests for help - offering to pay if the requirement is necessary and urgent. If the requirement is desirable or not-urgent - in other words, you may have to prepare yourself for a long wait for a possible solution - then use the category Requests for help - not offering to pay

I hope some of these thoughts give you a bit of guidance about what you may consider doing next. :)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 6 months ago #114 by skyhawk85u
Thanks for the reply. I did do some more research, then ran a backup and threw caution to the wind. It's easy enough to add the correct entries to the kunena_user_categories table and I haven't noticed any adverse side effects. Since doing this forum use in my organization is up dramatically.
More
11 years 6 months ago #115 by rleitman
Hi skyhawk85u,

I have same urgent need, to send the post or notification of any new post on all categories by default. my forum is very small only 200 users max as its small community. they don't enter daily to the forum site, so alerting them on discussions is mandatory to create traffic.

Can you please share with me exactly what you did to make it happen ? even privately please. I appreciate it.
More
11 years 6 months ago #116 by skyhawk85u
I make no guarantees, but I haven't seen any adverse affects yet. You need to access the MySQL tables using phpMyAdmin, HeidiSQL, or whatever tool you prefer.

In the Joomla User Manager find the user ID number(s) you want to subscribe. Then in the MySQL table, look in the xxx_kunena_categories table (or something like that.) Get the category you want to subscribe your user(s) to. Finally, in the xxx_kunena_user_categories table insert the rows you need with user_id, category_id, and subscribed (set to 1.) You'll see how they are set in the existing records already there.

For multiple row insertions you can build a SQL statement similar to this (which inserts a bunch of users into category 12):
Code:
INSERT INTO `xxx_srl2`.`xxx_kunena_user_categories` (`user_id`, `category_id`, `role`, `allreadtime`, `subscribed`, `params`) VALUES ('463', '12', '0', NULL, '1', ''), ('161', '12', '0', NULL, '1', ''), ('72', '12', '0', NULL, '1', ''), ('423', '12', '0', NULL, '1', ''), ('94', '12', '0', NULL, '1', ''), ('420', '12', '0', NULL, '1', '');
More
11 years 5 months ago #117 by rleitman
I need each member to get notification email of any new post on any forum by default without them to manually need to subscribe to it. this should be default behavior and users can then disable it if they want.
More
11 years 5 months ago #118 by sozzled
More
11 years 5 months ago #119 by SylvainV
Hi,

Someone says : the feature has been partially implemented in K2.

Could you point us exactly on this partial feature description please?

here's some points I have collected about to patch or hack to obtain some similar feature :

- J!MailAlerts Component
- digest notification, may rely on commercial non free plugin.
- SQL insert, be careful to keep trace of unsubscribe action, not to subscribe again user.

Regards,
Sylvain.
More
11 years 5 months ago #120 by san65
Hi,

We have a community of registered users in CB/Kunena, both latest versions. We would like to know whether it is possible to, as admin / webmaster, to subscribe all users belonging to a particular group (say, registered) by ourselves. By doing so, all new posts that are henceforth made on the forum will at least reaches every member, either as full-text or as link form.

Your guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds