Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
12 years 7 months ago #101 by p38
Hi,

Does anyone know if one can auto subscribe, or mass subscribe the joomla users list to a certain forum category?

I could probably add the ID's into the kuena_categories table but would prefer to do it via the admin if possible.

Paul
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 7 months ago #102 by Matias
There is no auto-subscribe or mass subscribe. The feature has been partially added into K2.0.
More
12 years 3 months ago #103 by MetroHome
Replied by MetroHome on topic Subscribe
Is it possible to automatically set subscribe to default as most people are interested in responses to their post and often times will for get to subscribe.

It would be more convent to automatically receive a comment, if member prefers not to automatically receive a comment they should unsubscribe.

In other words if I make a post I would prefer to automatically receive notice when a comment comes in, without taking action to subscribe.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #104 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

MetroHome: your question has been asked and answered in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 months ago #105 by kristina
Any way to "force" subscriptions for all community builder registered site members? I need to not rely on staff subscribing to posts but in fact just subscribe all my staff on the back side, is that possible or does anyone have any suggestions?
More
12 years 3 months ago #106 by sozzled
G'day, kristina, and welcome to Kunena.

The short answer to your question is no, you can't do that.

The suggestion I would offer you is to educate your users to subscribe to forum categories so that they won't miss important updates.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #107 by loic69
Hi all
First, Just say to you that Kunena is very good forum for integration in Joomla :)

I search about a fonctionnality I can't find on Kunena. I think this not yet available.... Can you give me more infos about this ?
I need to have a notification mail to all users (or groups of Joomla/Kunena users) when a user create (and just create) a thread in forum. The goal of this is not moderation but just notify user there is new message on forum...

The moderation system is not ok for me because the goal of this is only moderation for new and update thread...

Other way can maybe be a auto subscription in all category of forum ??

Thanks for your help
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by loic69.
More
12 years 2 months ago #108 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, loic69, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question has been asked and answered in this topic.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #109 by modernmagic
I hate to open up this thread again, sorry.

I have a forum for registered users only. There are 40 groups of users that do not need to be notified of other's communities new topics. It is preferred by the users that they get notifications of new topics.

Is there any work around to subscribe all registered users to new topics?

My first thought:
1. Create a generic community user, with moderation setting for group 1, with an email such as [email protected] (one user for each of the 40 groups.)
2. Then using the cpanel create email forwards from [email protected] to all the registered users emails.
3. Repeat for each of 40 groups. ie [email protected], [email protected], etc.

The one problem is that once a user subscribes to a topic he is going to be double notified. So maybe I just remove the subscribe feature all together since the users will get emails thru the [email protected]

Thoughts?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by modernmagic.
More
11 years 11 months ago #110 by CarlosV
Replied by CarlosV on topic Mail to all users
I have a forum Kunena limited to registered users, are about 40 and is not expected to increase significantly. The forum does not have much movement and I want you when you enter a message is sent an email to all users. Can you do this in Kunena? It would be like to subscribe to all users at all the issues, present and future.
a Greeting
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds