Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged Any plans for a responsive design?

More
10 years 10 months ago #21 by sozzled
If you want to ask about templates for Kunena that are not designed, developed, maintained or endorsed by the Kunena team, please ask your question directly to the developer of those templates.

The use of links to third-party templates, except in the cases of paid advertising that you see at the top and on the right side of this page, is a violation of the terms of use (Sect. 7 - Advertising) within the forum and such links may be removed at our discretion.

We do not answer questions on behalf of third-party developers and we do not encourage the use of this forum for developers to answer your questions about their products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #22 by Oscar2
Anyone?

Oscar2 wrote:

kparadis wrote: Hello!
If you could clarify where to put the class (in Kunena template or site template) or even an example of what it looks like as part of a CSS file, that would be much appreciated. I've been trying to find some other Kunena templates that might be more mobile friendly, but haven't had a lot of luck either.

Same question for me; hope someone can clarify what to do exactly? Thanks!!

More
10 years 10 months ago #23 by SinisaKrisan
Well, you should put it on the element you want hidden on a phone.
No one can tell you exactly where to put it until you say exactly:

"I want this and this to be hidden on phone"

and maybe even attach the picture with exact part of the design you want to be hidden.

Geez people...

BTW, i started working on bootstrap-based kunena template.
It is complete overhaul of HTML folder so that might take a while.... :(
Currently there are no bootstrap based templates - i have triple checked, so im kinda doomed to create my own from scratch :(

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, thumdar

More
10 years 10 months ago #24 by kparadis
The issue is the mobile phone display and the tables. And the fact that I don't know enough about CSS and Bootstrap to even know where to put this "hidden-phone" class. IF I look in the Blue Eagle CSS file, in the kunena.forum.css file, there's a section that says:
========================================================
/* Fix .visible-desktop in Bootstrap based templates */
#Kunena td.visible-desktop {
display: table-cell !important;
}

====================================================

My goal is to make the forum tables and layout readable on a phone. There's a ton of tables in the forums, and I'd like there to be an alternate template for mobile, which there isn't yet, and I get that. I was using JTouch before I upgraded to 3.0 and that was workable, but now I've upgraded. The ".hidden-phone" class idea made me wonder if there was a simple way to do this. But, I'm not sure what is involved to do this. The closest I've found is this explanation: github.com/twitter/bootstrap/pull/3140

Obviously, if Kunena makes a template that works with the phone, problem solved. But it sounds like that might be several weeks or months away.

I was using

More
10 years 10 months ago #25 by 9themestore
Hi kparadis,

I think, if you post the your website url we can help you solve that problem.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #26 by sozzled
The topic is "Are there plans for a responsive template?" The answer is yes, there are plans for a responsive template. K 3.1 will include a responsive template.

This topic was posted in the General Feedback category. This topic is unsuitable for answering specific questions about problems people may be having in terms of adapting Kunena to mobile platforms. Third-party solutions may already exist for such purposes (if people would like to seek information from the several places advertised on this site) but it s not our policy to endorse or recommend any specific solution that people should use.

We are working towards producing a better templating solution that will address many of the issues that people have been asking about for a long time. We are happy to engage in such discussions, whether those discussions are here or on GitHub but this topic is unsuitable as a place to resolve specific problems tat people may be having in adapting their Kunena forum to their specific and/or custom requirements. We have other categories for those purposes.

Thank you. :)
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #27 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic New templates?
I realize there's a big difference between 2 and 3 but is there any hopes of finding new templates?

The TK templates no longer work and NO ONE there is answering any questions... strange.

More
10 years 9 months ago #28 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic New templates?
TemplateKunena.com advertises on this site. It's strange that they're not answering your question; TK is not affiliated with the Kunena project (there is a disclaimer to that effect at the bottom of their website). We have no control over how TK manages their products.

As far as new templates for Kunena (developed and maintained by the Kunena team) are concerned there are plans to do this in K 3.1.

More
10 years 9 months ago #29 by thumdar
Replied by thumdar on topic Kunena 3.0.1 Mobile Ready?
Does anyone know of a mobile ready template or 3rd party extension to help Kunena 3.0.1 be more mobile ready? I realize it's MOSTLY mobile ready, but the default template format display doesn't play very nice with (at least) Android.

When you open a topic, the New Topic, Mark Topics Read, Quick Reply, Favorite, etc buttons are being pushed to the right and off screen. Also the topic text itself isn't readable as it too is pushed off to the right.

I'm using a Rockettheme template so I'm looking for just a Kunena template, not a complete Joomla template that includes Kunena mobile ready formatting.

Thank you! :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #30 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena 3.0.1 Mobile Ready?

thumdar wrote: Does anyone know of ... 3rd party extension to help Kunena 3.0.1 be more mobile ready?

Have you looked at some of the advertising on this page?

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds