Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged Any plans for a responsive design?

More
10 years 11 months ago #11 by Matias
We have been implementing a new responsive template for Joomla 3.1, but unfortunately it was not ready to be released in time. So you have to wait a bit as it still takes few months to get the new templating system ready.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #12 by PhoenixUK
Matias,

Thank you for the reply. However, where does that leave the likes of me who really need to keep the Kunena V 3, Joomla 3.1 and yet many of the visitors want to access the website and especially the forum element via their smart phones etc?

Is there no kind of temporary hack / fix I can do to make the forum more viewable on a mobile device?

:blink:

How long are we talking for the responsive kunena template? Can't it be expedited with donations from the Kunena users?

Regards,
Rob

Matias wrote: We have been implementing a new responsive template for Joomla 3.1, but unfortunately it was not ready to be released in time. So you have to wait a bit as it still takes few months to get the new templating system ready.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by PhoenixUK.

More
10 years 11 months ago #13 by Matias
As a workaround you can add the responsive classes:
Code:
class="hidden-phone"

They are not the perfect solution, but seem to work (almost).

More information can be found from here:
twitter.github.io/bootstrap/scaffolding.html#responsive

More
10 years 11 months ago #14 by PhoenixUK
Matias,

Now why didn't I think of that, I see those throughout my RocketTheme template and Joomla Modules very often. :blush:

That will do me fine until a nice full responsive Kunena 3.0 template is introduced, although can you tell me where am I best placing the extra class you mention?

Regards,

Matias wrote: As a workaround you can add the responsive classes:

Code:
class="hidden-phone"

They are not the perfect solution, but seem to work (almost).

More information can be found from here:
twitter.github.io/bootstrap/scaffolding.html#responsive

More
10 years 10 months ago #15 by kparadis
Hello!
I've also been trying to figure out where to put the: class="hidden-phone" to see if that works. We are running Kunena 3.0 with the Blue Eagle template. I tried the MobileJoomla but it's not really the way I want to go. Am using a responsive Gavick template, and the forums look great on a tablet, but just not on the phones.

If you could clarify where to put the class (in Kunena template or site template) or even an example of what it looks like as part of a CSS file, that would be much appreciated. I've been trying to find some other Kunena templates that might be more mobile friendly, but haven't had a lot of luck either.

Thanks!
Kelly

More
10 years 10 months ago #16 by Oscar2

kparadis wrote: Hello!
If you could clarify where to put the class (in Kunena template or site template) or even an example of what it looks like as part of a CSS file, that would be much appreciated. I've been trying to find some other Kunena templates that might be more mobile friendly, but haven't had a lot of luck either.

Same question for me; hope someone can clarify what to do exactly? Thanks!!

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #17 by SinisaKrisan
The topic title is pretty much self explanatory.
Frankly, id rather buy one and customize it then creating it from scratch
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by SinisaKrisan.

More
10 years 10 months ago #18 by xillibit
Hello,

We aren't providing a bootsrap-based actually, maybe there are some third party providers which have some templates

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #19 by SinisaKrisan
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by SinisaKrisan.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #20 by kovoks-m
I also would like a responsive template I don't have to build from scratch. Has anyone got any experiences with this (they say responsive) template? *** link removed by moderator ***
Is it responsive?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds