Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important Kunena 1.5 - Joomla 1.5 native - Status

More
15 years 1 month ago #11 by fxstein
@google:

The screenshots you saw where done on top of FB1.0.4. There was nothing Joomla 1.5 native underneath. Not even the fixes that went into 1.0.5 and beyond would have been in there.

Why have we released another 1.0 version? Very simple: There are tons of users out there that need a stable 1.0 release to run their current infrastructure. Perfect design or not, they need to be served.

This pre-announcement was for the upcoming 1.5 release of Kunena that will be Joomla 1.5 native. If you check on uservoice, that is the second most asked for request, right after CB. We intend to close out the top 3 requests very shortely. We are also waiting on a service release of CB that will finalize our integration with CB.

We are not planning any more versions of 1.0.x after the 1.0.9 release unless serious security bugs surface.

If you check the SVN we have also invested in a redesigned foundation - branch 2.0

Anybody who is serious to help is welcome to join our teams. Serious means at the very minimum: Produce some work/results and present them to the dev team.

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #12 by spacereactor
i looking forward to Kunena 1.5, free from legacy Component. Do you have a expecting launch date for kunena Alpha?

More
15 years 1 month ago #13 by grumblemarc
Not to sound blunt but "When it's ready". I think it's pretty close to release in an alpha state but do not expect a definite release date.

More
15 years 1 month ago #14 by jonsolo
This is completely reasonable and understandable. Releasing a product prematurely would result in us inundating the Kunena group with errors and issues that they already know exist and could have addressed if they had been a little more patient. A planned attack will make the alpha product quickly transition into beta, which means we could see a nice production product sooner than later.

More
15 years 1 month ago #15 by cowboysdude
No matter to me when 2.0 comes out... These guys already have ROCKED the place with what they've done up to now!! Look forward to 1.09...many Thanks guys and gals!!

:woohoo:

More
15 years 1 month ago #16 by Aligator21
We are waiting :D :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #17 by Xaos
Many thanks for you good and quick work

More
15 years 1 month ago #18 by fxstein
Just a quick update:

Matias and I had a very busy week away from the project.

There are a lot of PMs waiting for me to answer.

In addition I have been asked to present Kunena at the upcoming Joomla Day in Las Vegas in April. As soon as I know more I will post up details.

More
15 years 1 month ago #19 by spacereactor
I just try out Agora 3.0 Olympus and i have to say is pretty good, is using joomla 1.5 native. It have the much more function for a good forums, Quick Post, Grouping with control, Multi Image & File Attachments, User Personal upload folder with diskspace control, Search plugin for Joomla search, Polls, integrate Social Bookmarks and more. Their installation is slim and easy with easy to understand admin interface.

What Agora 3.0 is short for is jomsocial integration, it can only link back to your jomsocial profile from forum, no jomsocial PM with the forum and i unable to get jomsocial avatar to link up and there also bugs for the current Agora 3.0 versions.

Personally i have much faith on kunena native, given that it only start working from the old fireboard in a short period and the 1.0.8 is good enough for most users, Looking forward to the next native version.

More
15 years 1 month ago #20 by jbh142
spacereactor wrote:

I just try out Agora 3.0 Olympus and i have to say is pretty good, is using joomla 1.5 native. It have the much more function for a good forums, Quick Post, Grouping with control, Multi Image & File Attachments, User Personal upload folder with diskspace control, Search plugin for Joomla search, Polls, integrate Social Bookmarks and more. Their installation is slim and easy with easy to understand admin interface.

What Agora 3.0 is short for is jomsocial integration, it can only link back to your jomsocial profile from forum, no jomsocial PM with the forum and i unable to get jomsocial avatar to link up and there also bugs for the current Agora 3.0 versions.

Personally i have much faith on kunena native, given that it only start working from the old fireboard in a short period and the 1.0.8 is good enough for most users, Looking forward to the next native version.

Jomsocial integration is on the way for Agora 3.0 so that will no longer be an issue once that happens.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds