Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important Kunena 1.5 - Joomla 1.5 native - Status

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by fxstein
Hi,

I wanted to provide a quick status on Kunena 1.5. Those of you following the SVN and/or Twitter have seen that we where busy getting Kunena 1.5 off the ground.

We are finalizing Kunena 1.5.0 within the next few days. Naturally, it will be and Alpha release as too many changes went into the code. It will be for non production sites to test and find issues we might have created as part of the changes.

1.5.0 will contain all know fixes and security patches up to 1.0.9.

From here on 1.5.x will pretty much go its own way in terms of features, functions and fixes.

This also means that we will have a 1.0.9 maintenance release ready soon. It fixes most of the know issues that came up after 1.0.8 rolled out.

Thanks for all your support and patience. There are many PMs to answer but we have put our heads down to get 1.5 done asap.

Have a great day!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by MarcelP102
Can't wait to test it :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena 1.5 announcements
Excellent and well said. Please remove earlier discussion topic .

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by kameil
awesome! grats and thanks to all the developers on that!

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by jonsolo
This is fantastic. I am holding my breath...literally. I am trying to finalize my decision to walk away from VB. There is just no good Joomla extension to make it do what it needs to.

And I REALLY am trying to figure out how to migrate 170mb database over as well!

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by google
fxstein there are new features in kunena 1.5 or the major feature is just that has been ported to joomla 1.5 ? I have the feeling that no new big features were implemented but i could be wrong.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by johnnydement
google wrote:

fxstein there are new features in kunena 1.5 or the major feature is just that has been ported to joomla 1.5 ? I have the feeling that no new big features were implemented but i could be wrong.

You're not, this first release is just the 1.5 conversion of our 1.0.9 branch

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #8 by kingbt
Sounds great, but i`ll wait for kunena 2, saw that its build in MVC standard and has a router :) for sef urls

Nasul is my site.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by kingbt.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #9 by PLURboy
Woot, that sounds great! Can't wait till I can finally turn off that darn legacy mode :laugh:

Forgive me if its already been mentioned somewhere else in this forum, but will the Kunena 2 build be based on what was already done for Fireboard 2? It seamed like there was already a fair bit of work done for it. Or did all that fall apart along with fireboard? :huh:

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ~Salvador Dalí
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by PLURboy.

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by google
I must say i was very impressed by the videos on fireboard 2.0, I saw logic and style and many features as they supposed to work, unfortunately bestofjoomla decided for some reason not to continue. To be honest I'm skeptical that kunena 2.0 will see the light of the day soon with those features implemented the right way. I'm not trying to criticize anyone, just a thought, maybe is wrong , will see. While i appreciate much the work kunena team done, I simply don't understand why so many releases of fireboard 1.0 style, when it's clearly that no matter how much fixes you put into it it's a bad implementation of a forum software.

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds