Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 5.2.3 released

More
3 years 1 month ago #21 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
Hello,

Where do-you see line breaks in categories ? Your screenshot is too small so i can't see it

Private messages isn't available yet in Kunena, so you need to use an another component to handle that

The spellchecker is done with your browser, but if you want to be handled by CKeditor your need to have your custom config file and remove this line : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/a6...1e4fab3c504b5157679e

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #22 by sluc
Replied by sluc on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
never mind. none of the "improvements" or changes affect my site. ...
It amazes me that the "profile birthday entry" on this site has never been tried or checked if it is actually working!!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by sluc. Reason: add configuration file

More
3 years 1 month ago #23 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released

Slacker wrote: Just upgraded to Kunena 5.2.3. After that white page with Error.
Maximal error reporting gave this message:
Error: Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getName(): Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getName()
I inactivated the Kunnena latest posts module and then the frontpage was visible without Error message.

I get this error also with SW KBirthday for Kunena module, but only at birthdays, when this module is visible:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/sw-kbirthday-for-kunena/

More
3 years 1 month ago #24 by xillibit
The module SW KBirthday for Kunena hasn't been udpated by his author to follow the changes made in Kunena 5.2.3

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #25 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
I think this line causes the bug:

if ($botid != 0) {
$_user = KunenaUserHelper::get($botid);
$fields = array(
'category_id' => (int)$catid,
'name' => $_user->getName(''),
'email' => null,
'subject' => $subject,
'message' => str_replace('\n', "\n", html_entity_decode($message, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8')),
'icon_id' => 0,
'tags' => null,
'mytags' => null,
'subscribe' => 0,);

It is the modules helper/forum.php line 75.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #26 by xillibit

I think this line causes the bug:

if ($botid != 0) {
$_user = KunenaUserHelper::get($botid);
$fields = array(
'category_id' => (int)$catid,
'name' => $_user->getName(''),
'email' => null,
'subject' => $subject,
'message' => str_replace('\n', "\n", html_entity_decode($message, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8')),
'icon_id' => 0,
'tags' => null,
'mytags' => null,
'subscribe' => 0,);

It is the modules helper/forum.php line 75.

This module is a separate project from Kunena, it's present on github so you can ask to this author : github.com/svanschu/KBirthday
Kunena 5.2.4 will fix that kind of error, so you can just wait the 5.2.4 release

Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #27 by Ozfooty
Replied by Ozfooty on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released

xillibit post=216286"]Hello,Where do-you see line breaks in categories ? Your screenshot is too small so i can't see itPrivate messages isn't available yet in Kunena, so you need to use an another component to handle thatThe spellchecker is done with your browser, but if you want to be handled by CKeditor your need to have your custom config file and remove this line : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/a6...1e4fab3c504b5157679e

What do you mean Private Messages isn't available in Kunena? I've always had it. But my freelancer says this "We were having strange problems with the PM on the hosting.First, I tried to replace all the deprecated features on my local server and everything works fine.But an incomprehensible error appears on the hosting - as if a file with functions is not being loaded. And because of this, the entire site falls. So I had to turn off PM in Kunena. This is not a Kunena problem, this is a uddeIM problem."He has had to disable Uddle. Why has this stopped working? 

Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Ozfooty.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #28 by Ozfooty
Replied by Ozfooty on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
This latest Kunena update is just terrible as it has created so many problems for my site.
 Private messages no longer works. I have always used UddleIM without any problems.

Quoting is ridiculous and complicated. When you click Quote the cursor should be automatically placed outside the quoted text on the next line, simple. It is very difficult you get the cursor on the next line on a smart phone. I have found you have to tap in the red Enter mark several times. I cannot highlight text in the quote on my smart phone, only on a desktop or ipad. I can highlight text on my smart phone when not using quote, it only gives me copy, cut and paste option.

There is no Preview option anymore before you post

Emoticons are now spaced apart.

Updating this template caused major problems with line breaks in category's and last post columns.

And why when you paste it opens up another box to paste into first?

And finally this costs me money paying someone to try to fix all these issues.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_cars | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 3.0 | creationdate: November 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-10

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.3 | 2021-03-07 [ Jason ]
    | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.2.1

Modules: Kunena Login 5.2.1 | Kunena Search 5.2.1

Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Ozfooty.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #29 by xillibit

xillibit post=216286"]Hello,Where do-you see line breaks in categories ? Your screenshot is too small so i can't see itPrivate messages isn't available yet in Kunena, so you need to use an another component to handle thatThe spellchecker is done with your browser, but if you want to be handled by CKeditor your need to have your custom config file and remove this line : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/a6...1e4fab3c504b5157679e

What do you mean Private Messages isn't available in Kunena? I've always had it. But my freelancer says this "We were having strange problems with the PM on the hosting.First, I tried to replace all the deprecated features on my local server and everything works fine.But an incomprehensible error appears on the hosting - as if a file with functions is not being loaded. And because of this, the entire site falls. So I had to turn off PM in Kunena. This is not a Kunena problem, this is a uddeIM problem."He has had to disable Uddle. Why has this stopped working?

This latest Kunena update is just terrible as it has created so many problems for my site.
 Private messages no longer works. I have always used UddleIM without any problems.
You have private messages into Kunena because you have enabled plugin integration with UddeIM which is a third party component not endorsed by Kunena team. I'am fixing the issues with integration plugins into version 5.2.4 of Kunena.

What is the issue that you have with UddeIM integration into Kunena ?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #30 by xillibit

There is no Preview option anymore before you post

CKeditor is a WYSIWYG editor so you don't preview anymore, some bbcode specifics to Kunena needs to have theirs render into CKeditor

Updating this template caused major problems with line breaks in category's and last post columns.

Can-you be more specific please ?

And why when you paste it opens up another box to paste into first?

That's is a workaround that i had added because the content pasting into CKeditor was worse before

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds