Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Update about upcoming changes

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #21 by sozzled

xillibit wrote:

ShockPuppet wrote: thank You Kunena Team for all your hard work.

Why the change to minimum PHP 5.5 ?

We are going to have minimum as Php 5.5 but we haven't said that it will be in Kunena 5.0, we are following developpement of Joomla! 3.5 and if the technical requiements change with this version, Kunena will change too else it will not change. So the mimimun of Php 5.5 could be in Kunena 5.1, or 5.2....

According to the approved plan adopted by the Joomla Production Leadership Team (see Section 6.4 Minimum Technical Requirements),

The minimum technical requirements, such as PHP version, database version, etc., can only be increased for the first release of a new major version.

This, therefore, means that the increase in the minimum technical requirements for Joomla are not envisaged before J! 4.0.0 whenever that may occur.

I overlooked the point made by ShockPuppet earlier (good point, by the way). What happens if a users has another Joomla extension that will not operate on PHP 5.5?

I really think this matter needs to be seriously reconsidered. In my (very) humble opinion, Joomla should be the driving factor for extension developments. We know that some parts of Kunena have not worked with older versions of Joomla in the past (and it's been a pain having to wait for Joomla to release something that will address those concerns) but that's the way of the Joomlaverse. I understand that some extension developers are unhappy with the speed that Joomla is playing catch-up; again, that's just a fairly common criticism among Joomla extension developers (just have a read of some of the material that Nicholas Dionysopoulos—the author of Akeeba Backup—writes!). :laugh:

But getting back to the issue, I am a little surprised that the Joomla team seems to be ignoring the community's concerns. As I suggested earlier , it might be an idea to gauge community's opinions with a quick survey. B)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor spelling error
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #22 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Update about upcoming changes
I'm curious about the "Autosubscription" feature. I read through this entire thread and am still trying to better understand it. Is it a profile setting that allows the user to decide if they want to be automatically subscribed to threads? (phpBB has this feature as well as other forum softwares). This determines if the checkbox is checked or not by default based on a profile preference. Users then are not "forced" to check or uncheck it each time they post in the forums.

Or perhaps this means something else?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #23 by sozzled

Josh wrote: I'm curious about the "Autosubscription" feature. I read through this entire thread and am still trying to better understand it. Is it a profile setting that allows the user to decide if they want to be automatically subscribed to threads? (phpBB has this feature as well as other forum softwares). This determines if the checkbox is checked or not by default based on a profile preference. Users then are not "forced" to check or uncheck it each time they post in the forums.

Or perhaps this means something else?

We waited for two weeks for the official response. I will try to explain what the autosubscription feature is about.

Yes, you are right, that phpBB has a setting that controls the behaviour of a checkbox that appears when people create a topic (or post a reply to a topic); the checkbox will automatically be checked or unchecked depending on this setting. This behaviour is also implemented in Kunena.

Until K 4.0 was released, the behaviour was controlled differently. We discussed this change in these topics

USER SETTING AUTO SUBSCRIBE THREAD ;
Please disable "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" at www.kunena.org ;
Kunena 4.05 bug (Subscriptions) ; and
K 4.0.3 Crypsis "automatically" subscribes to topic; Blue Eagle does not

The reference to "autosubscriptions" in the article Update about upcoming changes is about a new feature for K 5.0 that will force all users to be subscribed to topics on the forum. So, in answer to your question "perhaps this means something else" and because the developers have not replied to your question for two weeks, I can only offer my personal opinion. I believe the answer to your question is yes; it means something else.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh, ssnobben

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #24 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Update about upcoming changes
Thanks for the detailed reply. I decided to reply to one of the threads you linked to and got a awesome reply: www.kunena.org/forum/77-General-Talk-abo...scribe-thread#169354

I am very pleased about this. B) And now you are telling me that more is to come. :cheer: Seems like the Kunena team is getting their groove on these days.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Josh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
8 years 5 months ago #25 by sozzled

Josh wrote: And now you are telling me that more is to come. :cheer: Seems like the Kunena team is getting their groove on these days.

I am not sure if the team is "getting their groove". I have written a couple of articles in my blog about some of these recent changes and announcements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, apollonios

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds