Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Update about upcoming changes

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by jellek

What's upcoming on the next big version: Kunena 5.0?

Because of the substantial changes that this new version introduces (compared with K 4.0), We will tell you what you can expect on the new version.

Upgrading to K 5.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 5.0 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s). At this stage the team is not treating interoperability with other Joomla extensions as the topmost priority. The main priority at this time is about installation/upgrade and operability as a standalone Joomla component.

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, nsprime, hkymre, ssnobben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by nsprime
This is good news. Long live Kunena.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Update about upcoming changes
Looking forward to it! Keep up the good work

sharing = caring

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by ssh
Replied by ssh on topic Update about upcoming changes
Great.
This is a great opportunity to include the "Related Topics" feature

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am pleased to see that the developers have made an effort to communicate a broad plan of upcoming developments to Kunena (K 5.0) as well as advance information about the forthcoming K 4.0.6 .

I would like to ask a couple of questions, please.

Autosubscribe

The suggested improvement to add an autosubcribe feature as part of K 5.0 was first indicated as a "target" for K 4.0. The discussion at GitHub (that has now been closed) suggested that this feature would be factored into K 4.0.6, if my understanding is correct, but the blog article suggests otherwise.

1) Has the autosubscribe feature been deferred to K 5.0 or is it still intended to be included in K 4.0.6?

2) The article makes the point that autosubscribe will only be "allowed for B2B". How will K 5.0 ensure that websites where autosubcribe is implemented are used only for B2B purposes to ensure its legality ?

PHP 5.5

The article mentions that, from K 5.0, Kunena support for PHP 5.3 will be deprectated—I assume that there will be a check to prevent attempted installation if a website uses PHP 5.3 (or lower). The article recommends that people upgrade to PHP 5.5.

3) What is the minimum version of PHP required to install K 5.0?

Forum template options

4) With the arrival of K 5.0 and the removal of Blue Eagle support (and therefore all alternative templates that are derived from Blue Eagle) and the focus now on Crypsis, what resources will be made available for members of the Kunena community and other template developers to be able to design and construct their own templates?

5) Will resources be freely available for members of the Kunena community to be able to design and construct their own templates, or will an additional cost be required to make those resources available?

Thank you. I look forward to seeing the replies to my questions. :)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor grammatical errors fixed
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, xristo

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Update about upcoming changes
autosubscribe:

This feature is almost 4 years in the core package. We started to redo the feature to include it on K4.0. But the code isn't fully working. That's why we closed the topic. And move the task to K5.0

Webmasters are always responsible for the enabling on features. We can't detect if you are a business or working on a intranet. We can only give a warning when you enable the feature.

Php:
Php 5.3 will be deprecated from the install yes. The last months there found a lot of vulnerables in server software. That's why we increase the minimal php version.

The lasted 5.4 version is 5.4.45. So we are thinking of minimal version of 5.4.33

That we need to check what later version are available.

Forum template options:

4) After the first beta of K5.0 will be docs available for creating templates.
The easiest way is to edit crypsis or edit the new template.

5) What kind of resources do you mean. Template builders can use docs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by rgblogs
Will it be possible to easily upgrade from 4.0x version?

I have no signature :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by rgblogs
Will there be any feature to enable or disable fields in profile information?

I have no signature :)

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #9 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Update about upcoming changes

sozzled wrote: 2) The article makes the point that autosubscribe will only be "allowed for B2B". How will K 5.0 ensure that websites where autosubcribe is implemented are used only for B2B purposes to ensure its legality ?

How do eg car manufacturers ensure that their cars are not used as getaway cars in a bank robbery?

sharing = caring
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ruud.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #10 by xillibit

rgblogs wrote: Will there be any feature to enable or disable fields in profile information?

Hello,

That's not a feature planned for Kunena 5.0, we have couple of features planned ( github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/3396 ) for this release. But this is just a plan and all the features will be included if we have enough time.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds