Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Kunena 1.0.9 & 1.5.0a RELEASED!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #21 by fxstein
rinuccio wrote:

Hello and congratulations to all
I have a small request to do ...

You can get a list of changed files for each release?

I changed very few files, but since the changelog I can not ever tell if I am saved or not the changed files ...

Please :D thanks :)

You will have to go into the svn and run a diff between the different versions, or run a diff locally between two packages. There are lots of changes and we don't track them by file.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #22 by klausre
Do I have to use in jom instal, or can I just upload all the files (do the 1.08->1.09 do somethings whit the db)?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #23 by sozzled
klausre wrote:

Do I have to use in jom instal, or can I just upload all the files (do the 1.08->1.09 do somethings whit the db)?

Your question is off-topic. This is an ANNOUNCEMENT discussion, not a place to request support with the migration process. Please ask your question in one of the support categories .

More
15 years 1 week ago #24 by Aligator21
upgrade OK :D :D
thank you kunena team :D

More
15 years 1 week ago #25 by Dalcielo
The new version 1.0.9 is native for Joomla 1.5.x??

More
15 years 1 week ago #26 by grumblemarc
No it is not.

More
15 years 1 week ago #27 by fxstein
Dalcielo wrote:

The new version 1.0.9 is native for Joomla 1.5.x??

Hi,

1.0.9 is Joomla 1.0 native
1.5.0a is Joomla 1.5 native

1.5.0a is intended for testing only at this point in time - that's why we have labeled it Alpha. Please do not install on a production site for now.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

More
15 years 1 week ago #28 by fxstein
klausre wrote:

Yes please always use the Joomla installer for all our packages. Please see the docu wiki for details how to do this.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

More
15 years 1 week ago #29 by core2
fxstein wrote:

The Kunena Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Kunena 1.0.9. This is a security release and all users are urged to upgrade immediately.
On top of the Kunena 1.0.9 release, the Kunena Team has been hard at work on a Kunena 1.5 release, which runs natively on Joomla 1.5.x. We are thrilled to announce the immediate availability of Kunena 1.5.0 Alpha. This is a test release which will automatically upgrade any Kunena 1.0.x installation to Kunena 1.5 and shouldn't be used on live production sites. We encourage users to test out this great new native version and provide us with feedback to make Kunena the best forum for Joomla.

First of all I would like to thanks the developers team for the hard effort they put into Kunena. This is becoming one of the major Joomla extension!

The activity in the support forum was high this weekend. From a support perspective, two releases at the same time, wasn't a good strategy.

Unfortunately the alpha status of the 1.5 release wasn't communicated with enough effort. But this was corrected within short time with the forum announcement. But some damage was done.

The download statistics for K1.07.b is about 10 000 downloads, K1.0.8 around 35 000, K1.0.9 about 1 300 and K1.5.0a 1 900. To me this is a little bit of a concern. People are more interest in having a peek on a preview release than a security release of a stable version!

It was me impression that 1.0.9 was going to be a bug fix / security fix only release. But some new features made it's way into the release. Unfortunately those introduce some new bugs. Hopefully there will be a 1.0.10 soon or a new build of the 1.0.9 addressing the new bugs.

Just 5 cent for my thought.

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 1 week ago #30 by johnnydement
Core2, rest assured our biggest aim is to iron these bugs introduced in 1.0.9, after that, we will concentrate in reaching a stable status for 1.5.0 and review the user contributins to see what we want in Kunena core.

It's true that launching both versions at the same time, may not have been the best idea we've had :p, the original idea was to publish 1.0.9 last week, but we we're waiting for last time changes from CB team for a tight integration that posposed the launch.

That said, I don't think we haven't done enough effort to say 1.5a is an alpha not to be used in production sites... the day before launch, I wrote a readme for each one. On K1.50a one, every paragraph states in bold caps that shoulold not be used blablabla, on joomlacode is clearly marked as alpha, in JED clearly states is for testing purposes and that stable version is 1.0.9...

Thanks for your feedback!

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds