Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Joomla 1.6 and Kunena

More
13 years 1 week ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 and Kunena

jonte5555 wrote: is there any more details what date they have moved the patching to 1.6.2?

You are asking the wrong people. Please ask questions about Joomla release information at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ). As I stated earlier:

sozzled wrote:

If you have questions about the release of Joomla please ask them at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ). This is forum is for dealing with Kunena issues and we have no control over the timetable for Joomla version releases.

This information is not going to change and no amount of strong language on your part is going to change it, either. Please learn to conduct yourself in a more polite manner in future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #12 by bigblue
Replied by bigblue on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 and Kunena
J!1.6.2 has just been released.. now looking forward to K1.6.4 !

Also, any news on MOD updates for K1.6.4 - K Login, K Latest Posts etc ?

Thx guys..

SUPPORT KUNENA - The numero uno forum for Joomla !!

More
13 years 1 week ago #13 by jonte5555
Replied by jonte5555 on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 and Kunena
It was because of my comment. Right sozzled ;) Looking forward to K1.6.4

More
13 years 1 week ago #14 by priestsjaak
Released today. Now fingers crossed when 1.6.4 Kunena arrives...
Can tell you already that latest Joomla 1.6.2 disables some major functionalities in Kunena 1.6.3....

Hope new Kunena be released soon, keep up all the good work :)

More
13 years 1 week ago #15 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 and Kunena

priestsjaak wrote: Can tell you already that latest Joomla 1.6.2 disables some major functionalities in Kunena 1.6.3....

Why do you said that ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #16 by sozzled

priestsjaak wrote: Can tell you already that latest Joomla 1.6.2 disables some major functionalities in Kunena 1.6.3 ...

Uh ... good morning to you, too! I've barely been awake for the past hour or so and this is the first I've read about the release of J! 1.6.2. Why the mad rush? Do you mind if I have a cup of coffee first? And what, may I ask, have you discovered in J! 1.6.2 (that is different from J! 1.6.1) that disables some "functionality" of other Joomla extensions like Kunena? :S

Perhaps you might like to share your discoveries about J! 1.6.2 with the rest of the Kunena community?
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #17 by priestsjaak
hehe ofc Sozzled :)
Yes why the rush? Well building atm a site from scratch to replace an old E107 cms...so thats where the rush comes from. Why straight off implementing a security update? Well, have to deal with it sooner or later nonetheless.

Now your question about whats breaking in Kunena (not only Kunena there):
(think more or less all related to some language patches that had been applied but nonetheless, mine is running on native GB-UK so).
- In the main menu cant click some functionalities anymore
- Cant create new fora's or edit old ones.
- User Sync is broken with Joomla, when logging out on joomla you get the nice invalid token msg.
- some items in submenu's are not clickable anymore (so there are some broken links now).

I work with a fresh install so my site isnt used yet, gives me the freedom to poke and puzzle around.
If I run into more things I will let you know.
But atm I cant configure my forum anymore in a decent manner.
But harshest will be the broken usersync for those that do have an active site.

I'd therefor advice ppl to either w8 for a Kunena patch or w8 applying the latest joomla 1.6.2
Since Joomla patch covers some security issues some patchwork here and there might be required on short term.

Nonetheless, love Kunena, just waiting for a patch to come :)
Probably its just the language parts and fixes that breaks things atm, got some more extensions that 'broke' links because of that ;)

cheers,
M
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by priestsjaak.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 6 days ago #18 by sozzled
I think it's time, again, to give people a very important wake-up call. I think it's important to remind people who feel pressured into building a website with Joomla 1.6 to pause for a moment and reflect on what they are doing. As a general comment I think it's important to advise those who are rushing into using Joomla 1.6 to stop; don't rush!

The actual truth, that people have continually overlooked in this discussion, is this:
Kunena 1.6.3 is not fully compatible with Joomla 1.6.x
The technical requirements clearly states the following:

Users may want to experiment with K 1.6 and Joomla 1.6. K 1.6.2 provides some capability to work with Joomla 1.6 and this capability will be extended in future releases. There are issues with installing or using K 1.6.x in Joomla 1.6 at this time. Some of these issues are show-stoppers if users are considering Joomla 1.6 to run their production websites. Many of these issues will be fixed in future versions of Kunena and Joomla. At this time users are encouraged to report issues with Joomla 1.6 as test cases but support may not necessarily be available to resolve them. Until otherwise advised, please use the K 1.6 test reports category to report issues that you are having with K 1.6 and J! 1.6. Until accepted by the Joomla Extensions Directory as a native Joomla 1.6 extension, K 1.6 is not a Joomla 1.6 native extension.

That is the whole point.

K 1.6.4 will improve Kunena's compatibility with J! 1.6 but, until the Joomla Extensions Directory gives its endorsement, K 1.6 is not ready to be classed as a Joomla 1.6 native extension.

K 1.6.4 will fix a lot of issues; some of those issues affect Kunena' interoperability with J! 1.6. J! 1.6.2 fixes a lot of issues with J! 1.6, too. K 1.6.4 will not work 100% under J! 1.6.1 and, no matter how much tinkering people try to do, people will need to use J! 1.6.2 or some future release of J! 1.6 (if there is going to be a future release) before all these interoperability issues are fully resolved.

The problems that the Kunena project is currently having with K 1.6 are, in the main, problems that are caused by Joomla 1.6 itself and, until those issues are fixed by the Joomla core team, Kunena will have problems, too. We're all waiting - Kunena users are waiting for K 1.6.4 and the project is waiting on the Joomla core team.

Getting back to what I wrote at the beginning, if people need a fast solution to build a fully working and properly supported forum component, then people should use J! 1.5.23 and then we can attend to these other problems in a systematic, calm, professional and scientific manner instead of "help me, please, I've got a deadline to meet!"
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 days ago #19 by BoonDockSaint

I think it's time, again, to give people a very important wake-up call. I think it's important to remind people who feel pressured into building a website with Joomla 1.6 to pause for a moment and reflect on what they are doing. As a general comment I think it's important to advise those who are rushing into using Joomla 1.6 to stop; don't rush!

Maybe, just maybe people tell you about the problems because they care about this project and because the Kunena Team can´t fix problems they don´t know about!?

More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #20 by sozzled
BoonDockSaint wrote:

Maybe, just maybe people tell you about the problems because they care about this project and because the Kunena Team can´t fix problems they don´t know about!?

No-one has an issue with those sentiments and I thank you for reminding us all that this is an important part of the community's role.

My concerns, and what I see as my responsibility to the community, are two-fold:

(1) To help the Kunena project develop the best possible forum component for Joomla, whether that is J! 1.5, J! 1.6, J 1.7 or whatever version happens to be the one that is in main use at any particular point in time. This is my primary goal and I believe that it is the same primary goal of many people who have joined the Kunena community.

(2) To help, as best as I can, people implement Kunena in order to achieve their business needs as efficiently and effectively as possible. This may mean that my advice will be to recommend against using J! 1.6.x or certain Joomla extensions/features for the time being if this is getting in the way of achieving those business objectives.

I think that our concerns are compatible. Please understand that my comments in this discussion are not targeted at any one in particular; I am only giving you my personal views in the matter. :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds