Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

× Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Quoting..

More
9 years 7 months ago #11 by wallstreetamigo
Replied by wallstreetamigo on topic Re: Quoting..
I am very much like you and limit my use of the quote button. But many users rely on it especially in very busy threads.

Hopefully this is something that is on the radar for a fix as it really limits opportunities to focus discussions.

As an idea, having the quote button only quote the one post and a multiquote button to quote multiple quotes as selected by the user is the way most other forum software gets around this issue.

Thanks for the quick response.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #12 by AlexSmok
Replied by AlexSmok on topic Re: Quoting..

Thanks. I understand the issue.

I am very selective when I use the Quote feature. I prefer to use the Reply button instead.

I agree, it would be nice to limit the nesting of quotes with some "technology". In the meantime, you may have to rely on encouraging your users to be a little more selective. Just a thought.

Something to be done for the future.

The problem is solved?
It should be quoting the selected text and multiple quotings.
More
8 years 10 months ago #13 by tinny
Replied by tinny on topic Re: Quoting..

Thanks. I understand the issue.

I am very selective when I use the Quote feature. I prefer to use the Reply button instead.

I agree, it would be nice to limit the nesting of quotes with some "technology". In the meantime, you may have to rely on encouraging your users to be a little more selective. Just a thought.

Something to be done for the future.

The problem is solved?
It should be quoting the selected text and multiple quotings.

It is not.
Multiquote and quote selected text would be nice features
More
8 years 10 months ago #14 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Quoting..
Multiquoting and other "nice" features have nothing to do with the original subject posted 9 months ago. The original subject was about how people may limit the excessive use of quoting, not about how to extend the use even further. If we can't remain on-topic then this topic has served it's purpose. There are other topics on the forum that relate to multiple quoting. Please use them.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds