Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged [Merged topic] Multiple forums on one site?

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by Terms and Conditions
Actually, Sozzled, can't we just make one category and its children invisible to other categories and their children?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #12 by fxstein
Most of this is already possible in Kunena 1.6

Please check out the "Playground" forum here on kunena.com.

You can display any category or section of kunena by itself on a separate joomla page.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by Herrie
First of all, sorry for my speedily reaction in Dutch...

Yes, I used third-party developers of ACL-related software in the Joomla space: Noix and JUGA, together with CB.
The advantage, for me, is that there is ONE database, one forum but only sections/categories are assigned to different user groups.
It looks like they are independent, to the user. As Admin they are One forum.

I'm going to have a look at your suggested playground, and DL version 1.6 to test it in my situation on my localhost test machine.

I'll let you know what the results are.

More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by carlgale
Sorry if posted in the wrong section, not sure where this should go.

I am currently working on a new Joomla site and because of the type of site it is I will be requiring more than one forum (using different sections of the same forum will not do the job as the forums will need to be distinct from each other). Is there a way in which I could add too installations of kunena to one Joomla site?

If I was to edit the tables to be created name and some other files in the product I could make joomla think it's a different extension completely, however not sure if the licensing agreements on the product will allow me to do this.

Thanks
carl

More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by xillibit
Hello,

You can't have two Kunena installation on the same Joomla! installation, because there will the same tables used in the same time and there will be a lot of things corrupted.

With Kunena 1.6, you can define some Kunena menu, which each one point to a specific kunena categories : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Customised_menus

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by foton7
Replied by foton7 on topic Two forums in one site
Does Kunena 1.6 support having two completely independent forums in the same site?
I read this was not possible in Kunena 1.5 but that it might be available in the future in 1.6. Was it finally implemented?

I want this because I have a Joommla site with two languages (I use JoomFish for this) and I would like to add two forums one for each language. If it is impossible to have two, I could have one single forum (one single installation of Kunena) and then having two categories for the two languages but I don't like much this solution. In case of doing it with one single forum, is it possible to hide the categories that are not in the language selected by the user?

Thank you

More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by MarkBoy81
Replied by MarkBoy81 on topic Two forums in one site
When you create a menu item pointing to Kunena forum, you have parameters to choose which category to show.

Therefore you can create one category per language and have two different menu items, each one of them pointing to the proper category.

HTH :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #18 by kinders

More
13 years 2 months ago #19 by PascM
No it's not this issue has been discussed again!

Time to create page: 0.731 seconds