Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question K 1.6 Attention all Kunenans: Help wanted to build a Testing Plan

More
14 years 1 week ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by sozzled
WE NEED YOUR HELP FOR KUNENA 1.6
I've spent several hours today (as I do most days) reading the forums and trying to help people with their problems. I know that the developers spend longer than I do, every day, designing, constructing and testing the upcoming Kunena 1.6. It's a team effort: moderators, developers and testers, all of us, volunteering our time to bring into existence the next version of Kunena because it's something we believe in. We need your help.

As we get closer to a "complete" alpha version of K 1.6, a few people have approached me to develop a testing plan for the new version so that we can eliminate design and construction errors in a methodical, systematic and thorough manner. A test plan will help our testers know what is expected from them. Of course, designing and developing a comprehensive test plan, covering all features and facets of a product like Kunena, is easy, isn't it? :whistle:

Whether you can afford to spend 5 minutes or 5 hours, this is how you can help:
  1. Identify a function of Kunena that needs to be tested. For example, it could be something to do with the Forum Administration facility.
  2. Describe one or a few tests that that should be performed. For example
    • Create a new category
    • Create a forum in this category
    • Define the following attributes for both the Category and the Forum
      • Locked = No
      • Public Access = Everybody
      • Include Child Groups = Yes
      • Admin Access Level = Manager
      • Include Child Groups = Yes
      • Review Posts = No
      • Moderated = Yes
    • Verify that the created category and forum are able to be viewed from the front end
    • Create a test post to verify that the message appears on the forum
You don't need to layout the test like I have done; you can describe the test any way you like. If you have trouble describing your idea in words, use a picture and point to what things you want tested. If you prefer, you can submit your ideas as an attachment.

Don't worry if you post an idea that has already been posted before. Leave those kinds of issues to me.

Our main aim is to build a list of functions that exist and describe how to test them. The sooner we get collect this information and start using for our testing, the sooner we will be able to deliver a reliable next version of Kunena. Therefore, it's in your interest to be part of this activity!

There are a few last things left to mention:
  1. Please stay on topic. Off-topic postings may be deleted at the moderator's discretion. See points 2-6 below
  2. Please don't use the topic to ask for new features (we have a separate category for that purpose).
  3. Please do not ask for support or explanation about things discussed in this topic - this topic is not about support and it's not for discussion purposes: it's for building a list of functions to be tested.
  4. Please do not ask for information about what new features exist in K 1.6. Assume that, for the most part, whatever you can currently use in K 1.5 will be available in K 1.6.
  5. Please do not use this topic to report defects with K 1.6 or to seek help with problems you may encounter.
  6. Please do not ask where to download K 1.6 test versions. This discussion is for building a list of functions to be tested not for enquiries about what you might need to download to test K 1.6.
  7. I intend to produce the summarised test plan as a public document in the Kunena Wiki. I will update this post when I have a template for it.
  8. We cannot thank everyone individually but we do appreciate whatever help you can give.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Each day I am going to write a new test:

* Install Kunena from software installation kit. Ensure that software installation completes with "Installation Successful" message.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #3 by Ganzuelo
I think one of the test should be moving posts. One thing I've noticed in 1.5.9 and earlier is that if you delete a existing category it will still show in the list when your trying to move a topic. Every so often a huge error pops up for a brief second until you refresh. This was after syncing everything too.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Ganzuelo.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
I would like to remind people that this topic is not for offers of "help" to become a tester. If you want to help, we need your help to build a list of tests. I have had to delete a couple of messages (well-intentioned, I'm sure) from this topic because they are off-topic. As I have tried to say, please do not use this topic to ask questions. We're looking for your contributions in order to build a list of tests.
==================================

* After installing Kunena, verify that there are sample messages (e.g. Welcome Mat); login to the site and use the following "reply" options:
  1. "Reply" to a post; verify that the subject of the reply is Re: followed by the subject of the message being replied to
  2. "Quick reply" to a post; verify that the subject of the reply is Re: followed by the subject of the message being replied to
  3. "Quote" the text of a post in a reply; verify that the subject of the reply is Re: followed by the subject of the message being replied to
  4. "Reply Topic"; verify that the subject of the reply is Re: followed by the subject of the first message in the topic
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by DTP2
Upgrade from older standard versions of Kunena and see if there are any errors and if yes, what kind of errors.

Upgrade from older modified version of Kunena (Community builder, UddeIM etc) and see if there are any errors and if yes, what kind of errors.

Since there are a huge amount of question about migrating from phpBB to Kunena, I think testing this in advance can prevent a lot of questions and problems afterwards. I have a quite big phpBB forum myself and am really qurious what's happening after a conversion and things like performance.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #6 by Matias
K1.6+:
1) Go to Forum Manager, choose category and set: Allow anonymous messages = Yes, save
2) Go to forum, go into that category and post new topic/reply. You should see: Anonymous Post [ ]
3) Fill required information and make post anonymous. Hit Submit. You should get back to the form with an error message to change your name. All filled information should remain.
5) Change username and Submit again. Your message should be posted anonymously (as visitor).
6) Edit your own message as normal user. Change you post to be anonymous and submit. You should see error message to change your name. All information filled into form should remain.
7) Change username and Submit again. Your message should be changed to anonymous.
8) Log in as moderator. Edit any message posted by user. Do not change name, but check anonymous posting. Submit. Post author should now be Anonymous in your own locale.

Phew!
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Matias.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #7 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Test email subscriptions
Praparations:
* Kunena Configuration: User Related / Allow Subscriptions = Yes
* Kunena Configuration: Security / Include complete post content in the e-mail sent to subscribers = Yes
* Create 2 forums: 'Moderated' (Moderated: Yes) and 'Anarchy' (Moderated: No)
* Create 4 users: moderator, catmoderator, subscriber and tester.
* Make sure that also Admin email address is correct: it's needed in this test
* Assign user 'moderator' as moderator but do not select categories, making him global moderator
* Assign user 'catmoderator' as moderator in categories 'Moderated' and 'Anarchy'
(Bug! You should should not be able to put moderators into 'Anarchy')
* Log in as subscriber and post a topic 'Email test' both in 'Moderated' and 'Anarchy'. Make sure that you subscribed to the topics

Testing:

We have 8 tests to be performed. In each:
1) Go to Kunena Configuration and check 3 settings Yes/No (see tests below):
- User Related / Allow Subscriptions
- Security / E-mail Moderators
- Security / E-mail Administrators
2) Reply topic 'Email test' in both 'Moderated' and 'Anarchy' with following text:
- "Subscribe=X, Moderator=Y, Admin=Z", where X, Y and Z are Yes/No (see tests below)
3) Confirm that right persons get email

Tests:
1) Subscriber=No, Moderator=No, Admin=No
2) Subscriber=Yes, Moderator=No, Admin=No
3) Subscriber=Yes, Moderator=Yes, Admin=No
4) Subscriber=No, Moderator=Yes, Admin=No
5) Subscriber=No, Moderator=Yes, Admin=Yes
6) Subscriber=Yes, Moderator=Yes, Admin=Yes
7) Subscriber=Yes, Moderator=No, Admin=Yes
8) Subscriber=No, Moderator=No, Admin=Yes

Results:
* Moderated forum: Verify that everyone in this test (subscriber, both moderators and admin) get exactly 4 emails, where his name is Yes in the message contents
* Anarchy forum: Same result except neither moderator or catmoderator gets any messages!
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Matias.

More
14 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled
Verify the operation of the Kunena search facility:
  1. Search for topics based on text appearing anywhere in the message
  2. Search for topics based on text appearing only in the message subject
  3. Repeat the above tests searching for topics based on the following criteria
    • Messages created later than a nominated date
    • Messages created earlier than a nominated date
    • Messages created by a particular user
    • Messages located in a nominated forum or forums and any subordinate (child) forums of those
  4. Verify that the search function returns only those messages that satisfy the entered search criteria.

More
14 years 1 week ago #9 by zilveer
Go to
Joomla site menu->Global Configuration
Then click yes at "Search Engine Friendly URLs".

Go back to Kunena forum
Then click at Forum administration
Then create 2 categories/subcategories.
Then go back to the Front page

Click on the any of the created category/subcategory.
Kunena v1.5.9 doesn't know which category too choose.

When you have the SAME name on those then Kunena v1.5.9 will not know which category/subcategory to choose.

Best regards

More
14 years 5 days ago - 14 years 5 days ago #10 by MarkBoy81
Testing forum installation/upgrade:
- try installing K1.6 on a mint new Joomla! installation with no previously existing forums;
- try installing K1.6 over 1.5.10 (and possibly 1.5.9 and 1.5.8 as well), thus checking for proper file/folders/db tables deletion/replacement/overwrite;
- try installing K1.6 over 1.5.10 (and possibly 1.5.9 and 1.5.8 as well) after uninstalling the previous forum; uninstallation actually leaves untouched tables in the DB so the test is aimed to check whether K1.6 installation properly detects DB table even though K1.5.x is not officially existing in Joomla!.

Possibly, all those tests should be attempted both via zip upload and starting from a folder already existing in the web server.

Hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by MarkBoy81.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds