Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Private Group forums and Public group forums for JomSocial

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by simon0667
You mentioned demarkation within groups of Jsocial. I have various private groups setup. Is it possible to 'attach' individual forums to groups by registration? (invitation). The idea of having only one general forum to my site does not suit my purposes. My groups are invitation only. I would like forums to match, preferably linked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #22 by sozzled
G'day, simon0667, and welcome to Kunena :)

When I spoke of group demarcation I was discussing matters in a general Joomla sense. Because I don't have specific knowledge of JomSocial (or Jomsocial groups) I really don't know how to answer your question in that narrower JomSocial sense. We'll have to leave that for someone else to answer, someone who has more technical understanding of how those things work and whether JomSocial provides the means to achieve what you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simon0667

More
13 years 6 months ago #23 by irradiate
Thanks for the answer Sozzled

The reason I ask is that there is a third party plug in available, but am not too keen on adding it if there is the possibility of a Kunena made plug in down the track.

While I cant speak for everyone, I know that on my site if the private groups had there own forum available, my site would become less confusing and I believe activity would increase 10 fold as now it is split, half using the forum, half using the JomSocial groups.

More
12 years 10 months ago #24 by tessak22
Is there a solution for this idea yet? I need it as well.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds