Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view

More
14 years 2 months ago #11 by Ganzuelo
I think the current version is great, I am more excited about the buttons then anything? Weird huh? I had a chance to switch to phpbb with full integration and I said nope, gonna stick with you guys!
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #12 by rinuccio sp
sozzled wrote:

Here are a couple more screenshots from an alpha test version of K 1.6 that I thought people might like to see. The first of these is the message editing screen, showing the proposed layout of editing controls:

Humm, where is the upload or multiupload (image & file) field? :ohmy:
Where is "more smilies"? :silly:

The drop down menu on the footer is different in the two photos.
One is at the center in blue div
The other is right without blue div

Are details :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by rinuccio sp.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13 by google
To be honest, I don't like the default design, colors simply don't match well, pure hues almost never will. Sure I can easily change it, it's not about that, but I expected more. Obviously is a subjective opinion :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by google.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14 by xillibit

rinuccio sp wrote:

Hello,

Like you see in the editor bar, you have a lot of icons, there is one icon for attachments, one icon for polls, one icon for preview...

The more smilies has been removed

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by xillibit.
More
14 years 2 months ago #15 by richardcool7
kunena 1.6 will accept the Avatar in gif animation
More
14 years 2 months ago #16 by rinuccio sp
xillibit wrote:

rinuccio sp wrote:

Hello,
The more smilies has been removed

O________________________________________________________________________O Whyyy???
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
Very quick responses to a couple of messages posted
  1. rinuccio sp wrote:

The drop down menu on the footer is different in the two photos.
    One is at the center in blue div
    The other is right without blue div

I have no idea why these are positioned the way they are. In the current version, the boardjump is located leftmost when you are editing a message, but it's rightmost when you are viewing the posted message. Speaking personally, I have no idea for the need to have a boardjump when you are editing a message.
  2. richardcool7 wrote:

kunena 1.6 will accept the Avatar in gif animation

Is that a question or a speculative comment?
  3. rinuccio sp wrote:

[The "more smilies" feature has been removed.] Whyyy???

I suppose because the new design displays all the smileys in the one place, cuts page load time, eliminates a Javascript function call and eliminates a clunky 4 x 5 table ... but, on the other hand, maybe it was because someone decided it was time to do a bit of "spring cleaning"? ;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 2 months ago #18 by spdial
More
14 years 2 months ago #19 by rinuccio sp
sozzled wrote:

I suppose because the new design displays all the smileys in the one place, cuts page load time, eliminates a Javascript function call and eliminates a clunky 4 x 5 table ... but, on the other hand, maybe it was because someone decided it was time to do a bit of "spring cleaning"? ;)[/li][/ol]

I understand
before making this decision should reflect a bit.
I can also delete all the additional smilies, but there are forums based on this.
There are people who create the beautiful "gif" theme to be included in their forum
You can not sever all so without telling :( :( :( :( :(
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #20 by sozzled
Again, very quicky, to rinuccio sp: I have not seen any evidence that K 1.6 is in any way more restrictive to users who want their own smiley image set. I would imagine that K 1.6 will continue to allow users the means to add or delete smiley images according to their own needs. Nothing has changed in this regard. :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds