Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged List of Kunena Features

More
13 years 9 months ago #11 by Lintzy

fxstein wrote: Lintzy,

Its all good. Great work as always!

Might get ready for a large Kunena 1.6 upgrade of that list. You will have some editing to do. ;-)

Here are a few new categories you don't have on that list like Joomla menu integration (all navigation controlled via Joomla menus), Joomla router integration (multiple separate sub forums on a single website), Joomla module integration, Minified CSS and JS for faster page loads, color coded categories, Joomla version support: 1.0, 1.5 & 1.6 (turns our there are still hundreds of thousands of Joomla 1.0 sites out there), community wiki, ...

The changelog for 1.6 is over 2,000 lines long. We will get you a compiled list of all the new features and functions.

Hope this helps!

Hi fxstein,

as explanation about this comparison table: It only lists, what you can see, if you explore the forums in front- and backend.

It will not list informations, that only DEVs can know. I talked with Mathias some time ago about my idea, that DEVs, if they are interested, could send me a list about the features, that a normal user can not see, like: Performance, MVC framework, and also e.g. what you just wrote Minified CSS, JS.

I talked with Stian from Ninjaboard too, (there the idea was born), he gave me a large list of features, that he missed in comparison table. I quote of this talk with stian

But as well as your feature list (most of the items) are more background informations, they are very interesting for a lot of users, I guess. So I thought about a way to publish them too.

I would like to integrate a new menu item / category on installiert.de, like:
Supplement of the Developers.

Here all DEVs could give more informations about their forum. Are you interested? We could publish your list above. But please separate this list yet into: Is still integrated in this beta, and will come in future.
And of course, you should keep this list current.

I will translate this also into german language and send the other DEVs a message to send me a list too, if they like to do so.

The points "Joomla menu integration) and Jooma Module integration (is it in 1.5.12 yet? I will check it, really did not see this) will be integrated, with next upgrade of comparison table.

A compiled list of all new features of Kunena 1.6 (at least RC) is very appreciated, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #12 by fxstein
Just as far as the RC "rule" - its up to developers, at least one of the forums you listed never had Alpha or Beta but only RC, the other one you are quoting is running FireBoard as their support forum.
We wont be doing that. We run what we write, Kunena 1.6 is closer to be stable than some of the RC candidates you might see out there. As you can see we have upgraded kunena.com today to 1.6 and its here to stay.

Anyway I hope you will be pleased once you get to install it. We think it is a major step for the open source world around Joomla.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #13 by Lintzy

fxstein wrote: Just as far as the RC "rule" - its up to developers, at least one of the forums you listed never had Alpha or Beta but only RC, the other one you are quoting is running FireBoard as their support forum.
We wont be doing that. We run what we write, Kunena 1.6 is closer to be stable than some of the RC candidates you might see out there. As you can see we have upgraded kunena.com today to 1.6 and its here to stay.

Anyway I hope you will be pleased once you get to install it. We think it is a major step for the open source world around Joomla.

This rule exists, because all DEVs pray: Don't use an alpha or beta on your live site ;). Therefore I don't install them on installiert.de - to set a good example. The only exceptional I made was Ninjaboard (because there exists no other version), but it is clearly marked as beta.

EDIT: I have just checked Kunena 1.5.12. installation, the feature insert modules (like in Kunena 1.6. via BBCode) is not existing.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

More
13 years 9 months ago #14 by fxstein
As I said before Kunena 1.6 is here to stay. Eventually it will make it onto your comparison list. No need to give us an exception. ;-)

I think you will like the features - but in the end the best feature list will not make or break Kunena - its the community. We have seen many forums come and go, because they where driven by a single person - more or less.

Kunena is about Community and Open Source not shining individuals - as great as they might be. We are playing an open hand and that includes a public SVN and wiki for everybody to see what is being done and worked on.

Kunena is not driven by a company or by paid add ons. We don't want to rewrite what others have done under GPL. Joomla 1.6 comes with a greta ACL and we will support it. Community Builder and JomSocial are first class community solutions, we wont waste our time writing another version.

We invite all Open Source contributors to join in - and many have done so.

Again thanks for all the work you have and are doing for the Open Source community!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #15 by Lintzy

fxstein wrote: Again thanks for all the work you have and are doing for the Open Source community!

That's not worth mentioning, there are hunred of thousands (or millions?) other people doing the same voluntary work, while others generate nice profit with OS. But however, thank you for your polite words ;)

fxstein wrote: Here are a few new categories you don't have on that list like Joomla menu integration (all navigation controlled via Joomla menus), ... Joomla module integration

I checked both items, these are features of 1.6, if I am not mistaken. The comparison table lists the features of the current stable Kunena version 1.5.12.

I would be glad to revise the table listing for Kunena 1.5.12, so please cerberus tell me, what features are wrong in your opinion and @Matias, what features I am missing? (As last-mentioned only features a user can see, if he explores front- and backend, no background knowledges).

Thanks for your assistance - I myself doublechecked the listed features and can't find mistakes in it.

btw: The automatic notification does not work on kunena.com (at least for me). Not for PMs and not for subscribed threads.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #16 by Cerberus
here is your table in word format corrected :)

File Attachment:

File Name: Kunena Features.doc
File Size:341 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lintzy

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #17 by Lintzy
Thank you for your efforts. But at the first difference

Profile display right/left adjustable <- you have set this to YES

I realize that you are listing the features of Kunena 1.6.

But the table on installiert.de lists the features of Kunena 1.5.12. You can login as admineng pw: demo there and look in front- and backend for the features of Kunena 1.5.12.

Would you have the kindness to rework your *.doc with features of Kunena 1.5.12 only? Thanky you very much. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #18 by Cerberus
function can be done in K1.5 with one change to teh css file, there is even a how to avalible on this very forum on how to do it and yes they are for K1.5 and NOT K1.6 if i did K1.6 i could tick nearly every one of your boxes.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #19 by Lintzy
Again: the table lists features, that are availabe, without background knowledges. And this not only in Kunena but in all Forums, therefore it is equitable, isn't it?

And I am sure, updates of other forums will kick also features of the list, so what are we talking about?

Installiert.de is an info site, where users can test intensively all available free J!forums, that are recommend to use on live sites - nothing else.

What is about the other features of your *.doc? Are they availabe without hacks, but with normal installation? So is there still anything wrong in the table in your opinion?

In Kunena 1.6 you can choose on user interface, where you want to see the profilebox, this feature becomes integrated in Comparison table. wjth listing of Kunena 1.6.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #20 by Lintzy
I have gone through your list and here are the points, that would be wrong in your opinion:

1. Profile view on left or right side: I myself wrote the hacks for this and be sure, it is not only CSS, but also 3 core files involved.

2. file attachmentS
and
image attachentS

do work only with a trick but not as a feature or function.

3. Subscribe FORUM? Not in 1.5.12

4. Hide userlist for guests <- not without a hack

5. Number of Posts of a user - Here you are right. Rows are distorted, in german table it is another order but also not complete correct ( I have noticed this, thank you)

6. Announcements <- you can not show more than one (this is meant)

7. Registrationlink turn-off <- How about userface?

8. Own Loginlink <- I forgot to write "Own Loginlink TURN OFF" will correct this, and no, this is not possible in Kunena User interface

For general explanation:

What do you think, can I do? Read through all support forums of all seven available free Joomla forums to find out, if there is existing a trick or hack for it?

Somewhere you have to draw the line.

This table lists over 200 features, hard enough to find them out, by surfing through front- and backend for all 7 forums, this make checking over 1400 features.

The same concerns to additional extensions, they are integrated in the list only, if the DEVs themselve host them - no user uploads or else. I can't find out, if the extension works with the current forum version, I do not want to do this.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds